Images Of 35mm-40mm Spring/Shock Set Up

mikey9598

Reaction score
Ladies/Gents,

Help required i would love to see some images of any B6 01' PLATE A4's mines a 1.9TDI that have been dropped 35-40mm using sports spring/shocks setup i 'm considering H&R as i have been informed they are firm and ride height quoted is accurate, any images/advice is greatly appreciated, COME ON GUYS I KNOW THERE ARE SOME LOVELY EXAMPLES OUT THERE:hubbahubba: come on!!! :photo:

Regards,

Mikey9598

Hi there I havent got any pics of lowered a4 but would like to see yours cos I'm thinking of droping mine down about that much and considering weitec spring & shock kit from dpm or eibach springs with some uprated shocks (maybe weitec if they do them separately) can't aford FSD's:crying: so on what yours been lowered & how is the ride? (don't want to go hard hard)

Eibach pro sport spring's . I have these fitted and for me a better ride and feel than the AP Coilover's which i have taken off..The AP's are ok if you like to play with the ride hight ect, but you have to make sure your level's and hight's are 100%.

That 35mm drop looks nice and you have no issues with 5 people in the car??? also tell me would spacers push the wheels out to be flush with the arches, loving the look though will you be posting pictures once your use to the new grill.....
progress.gif

Hi, no, no issues with wheels scrubbing etc.. Not sure if you've got the Votex kit or not, but i find it does scrape on the front bumper- although I'm sure u wouldnt get that if it's got the normal bumpers. And about the spacers, im guessing 10mm each side would have them sitting flush? You'd have to ask someone who knows exactly what theyre on about. Yeah had the grill on for ages, just forgot to put some pics up.

I'll get around to that in the next couple days!

Season Greetings, Do we have anymore examples of 40mm lowered A4's using sports spring and shock setup so far 35mm looks good but as i donot have a kit would like to see ride lowered without, i wonder what a 40mm drop looks/ feels like,,,,HELP!!!!!and thanks for posts so far definitely appreciated;-)))

One of my next mods will be some lowered springs but as it's the misses car I don't want the ride too be to hard or too low.

Some Eibach springs I was thinking 25-40mm according to their site, anybody used these?

I know this may be an old thread resurrection, but I always like to resurrect these, rather than start a new one. These Eibach springs of which you people speak...is it just a case of getting these, or do I need new dampers to go with them?

I'm not up for spending millions on lowering my car, but want to get it at least to sport suspension, if not better.

I know this may be an old thread resurrection, but I always like to resurrect these, rather than start a new one. These Eibach springs of which you people speak...is it just a case of getting these, or do I need new dampers to go with them?

You can just buy the spring's , but if your shock's have done big miles you should go for new shock's too. What setup does your car have (se spec or sport spec) .

I'm running se spec, and done 137000 miles so perhaps new dampers are needed. I did consider upgrading to oem sport suspension too.

Thanks for reply

You will need new shock's and spring's. I have a set of factory S-Line spring's these are 20mm lower than standard SE spec.

You mean you have a set fitted to your car, or an extra set you may be willing to sell? PM me if so, I may be interested! Oh, and I have the 1.9tdi, which I believes makes a difference due to engine weight etc?

Correct the s-line spring's will not fit your car as they a for the 1.8t s-line. I'm running ebach.

does anyone have pics of 35mm setup with 19's on or will it not clear the arches?

thanks mate, car looks amazing.

Where did you get the plates from? and had any trouble with them on?

thanks mate, car looks amazing.

Where did you get the plates from? and had any trouble with them on?

I have had the euro plate's on the car for over a year now without any problem's. I used a company called craftyplates, you can find them on ebay. These guy's use the same equipment as the Germans as stated in there add. No fading, peeling and they are still reflective. £24 delivered to your door.

Last edited: