How do you take a door card off?

I

imported_Tariq

As Above /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Seriously does anyone know how to take a door card off? Is it easy? and how long would you reckon it would take? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Regards

Tariq

Doh!

You just missed my reply on the other thread!

I would've got to you sooner, but I turned my PC off while I went running a network cable out of the house to the Garage - now I can Audi-Sport.net while I sit VAG-COM'in in the Garage! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif heheheh!

Regards,

Rob.

just out of curiosity how much did the vag com cabling and wiring set you back

[ QUOTE ]
Tariq said:
just out of curiosity how much did the vag com cabling and wiring set you back

[/ QUOTE ]
It's all a bit of a long story tbh bud, but I run a laptop inherited with VAG-COM already installed and set-up, but needed a new cable.

I took the eBay Germany plunge and bought a third-party interface, which is dual K-line and non-optocoupled, for £43 all-in. Then after realising the laptop wasn't as old skool as I'd assumed, I noticed it didn't have a serial port (I'll always look around the back in future!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif), I scored a USB-Serial dongle for just under a tenner from work and it's all good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regards,

Rob.

PS> Just a note on the USB-Serial dongle jobbie, some people have reported some problems using these - but I think it probably depends on the particular make/model you use, as I've not found an issue yet.