door lock

smudgy57

Reaction score
as mentioned on prevous post's i got that common problem, where when i shut the drivers door the interior light stays on and the information dash tells me my door is still open. got a quote from audi just under 300 quid. does anyone know the actual name/part number of this part that causes this problem, so i can try and order it independently vw or tinternet. then get my local mechanic to fix it( he's actualy very good). all audi told me was it was door lock needed replacing, which does'nt tell me much,,,any help would be great ..thanks............just trying to save a few quid

cheers audisteve!!!! if i have the part number maybe i can shop around a bit, saying that dont realy know where to start. but worth a go.

Daz unfortunatly although i have the EKTA disc my screen resolution doesnt go high enough here at home(lcd) so if i get time at work tommorow will get it then unless someone else can help, have you tried VAG parts?

ok no worrys audisteve! thanks for trying......cheers buddy. did'nt even think of vag parts lol

did you have any luck in getting a price or part number for the 'sensor thingy' ? i'm sure it's not £300, and i'd definitley have a go at replacing it myself

;p

[ QUOTE ]
Starsky said:
This happened to me the other day, but the fault just disappeared. Obviously a common problem then. I guess I should expect it to re-appear at some point, doh.

[/ QUOTE ]
mine kept happening intermidiatly but if i slammed the door shut (not recommended) it would go out or if i flicked the DIS readout to another readout it would go out but interior lights would stay on. as to why it does this it is electronic and is a weakspot on Audi's New lock is only option

well audi's price was parts and labour, but still seemed a bit steep. but before i go ahead and buy a door look or the door from audisteve i wanna know what im letting myself in for! dont fancy taking the door off and apart to find im left with a 101 wires, screws, and bits and bobs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif...............has anyone here taken a door apart before, and if so is it a straight forward enough job?????

Hi Folks,

As far as part numbers go... I got hold of the attached screen-grab for the model year 2002 A3/S3 (just at random, if you're not sure what model year you have, post the second character after 8L in the long string listed as "TYP/TYPE" on your Vehicle Data Sticker -on the inside of your spare-wheel bay (normally found in the corner nearest your right-knee when you stand peering into the boot) - or more simply inside your service record book.

One thing that did interest me though, is that there seems to be a couple of parts missing if you were to have a matching pair of each (reading the list on the right); and for all the scrolling for more text that could be done, the matches were still nowhere to be seen - but maybe pairs aren't required in all cases - it'd probably be best to quote the part number you're intersted in, then query exactly where this part is for when you speak to VW/Audi/VAGParts (make sure you quote the part number first, or else VW/Audi will launch into their "I'm not sure to be honest, I'd have to look it up, but there's a website you can go to..." waffle about erWin to try and make a few euros from question.

Anyway, as I say, post the second character after 8L in your vehicle number here if you want a bang-on version of that jpeg, I'll see what my buddy can do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regards,

Rob.

[ QUOTE ]
rallydaz said:
well audi's price was parts and labour, but still seemed a bit steep. but before i go ahead and buy a door look or the door from audisteve <font color="red"> </font> i wanna know what im letting myself in for! dont fancy taking the door off and apart to find im left with a 101 wires, screws, and bits and bobs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif...............has anyone here taken a door apart before, and if so is it a straight forward enough job?????

[/ QUOTE ]
if you buy my door i'll fall out when i go around a corner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif i think it was someone else!!

hey i was selling the door /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

oh buugger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

my email address is: t_mohammed@msn.com i would have sent you a private pm but you've blocked them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

we can discuss collection

Cheers

Tariq

sorry about that!!! unblocked now. just need to find out a bit more about changing locks over, before i take on something i cant do.......cheers

Tried to get mine done on Warranty but they refused /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

However they agreed to sort out my fuel senders and the garaged quoted me 40 quid for door lock and 36 quid for fitting. Not bad £76 all in, its probably not an original Audi part for that price.

Jobs are booked in for Thurs, thank god cause they R drivimg me insane!!

Seems too good to be true /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

To remove the door lock you need to remove the door panel and then the door subframe with the window mech. Its not difficult, but it needs to aligned correctly so not for someone who doesn't like messing with cars.

Andways I'm guessing that the switch can be got at.

I recently had an alarm problem and traced it to a faulty switch in the boot lock. I removed the lock and took out the switch which had dirt on it so the contact wasn't working.

After cleaning it up and refitting, it was fine.

I guessing the same may be the case for the doors. But if you are't up for removing it yourself then you should take it to Audi or perhaps a reliable local garage.