Where's the DV on the 1.8T?

Hightower

Reaction score
Before i start delving under the bonnet to try and trace my suspected air leak (thats what the fault codes suggest) in the induction system i was wondering what end of the engine bay the dump valve is situated as they seem to be put in a difference place depending on what model Audi/volkswagen you have, it was under the engine on my B5 passat, just hoping its a bit easier to locate on the A4.

This should help.

First off I have to say congratulations on purchasing replacing your diverter. The instructions are straight forward and there are no

-Rating-Easy

-Install time 30-45 Minutes

-Tools-
Jack-to jack up your car.
10mm Wrench-Socket or your liking-to unbolt belly pan
Tin Snips-to cut stock clamps
Needle Nose Pliers-to help remove clamps.
Screwdriver-to tighten new clamps
Flash Light-to locate diverter if needed

1. Jack up the car at the recommend jack point with care not to bend the body seam. Use safe measures to make sure that the car is not going to fall on you.

2. After the car is in the air and it is secured crawl under the car and unscrew the belly pan bolts with the 10mm Wrench. There should be 6 bolts to unscrew near the front of the car. 1 Bolt under the transmission holding the two belly pans together. Also there should be 2 to 3 bolts on the inside of the fender wells. If you need to move the wheels so you can get access to the bolt.

3. After the belly pan is removed and put out of the way crawl back under with your tin snips or your screwdriver. Many people say you can pop the clamps off with a flat-head screwdriver- I personally just snip it off. To find it, first find the radiator. If you are looking up at it, it will be located on the passengers side of the radiator right behind the fan shroud. You should see two hoses with a small valve looking object connecting them. Thats the diverter valve. There should also be a small hose that comes out of the top of the valve.

4. It is a tight area to work in but you can safely pull down on the valve to become able to cut the clamps. They are one time use clamps and will take some time to come off if you are using the screwdriver. Just grab the tin snips if you want to and the clamp. DO NOT CUT THE HOSE. There should be three clamps that you need to remove. The two big hoses and than the small hose. After you have done that install your new diverter in the opposite way making sure you put the small hose on first and tightening the clamp on that one. Next do the big hose that goes back into the engine area and tighten the clamp. Lastly put the bottom hose back on and tighten the clamp.

5.Bolt the belly pan back up and lower the car and go test out your new diverter.

6. After the test drive and making sure everything works. Throw that old diverter out.

Before i start delving under the bonnet to try and trace my suspected air leak (thats what the fault codes suggest) in the induction system i was wondering what end of the engine bay the dump valve is situated as they seem to be put in a difference place depending on what model Audi/volkswagen you have, it was under the engine on my B5 passat, just hoping its a bit easier to locate on the A4.

On the BEX 190ps engines it under the right hand intercooler.

Here-
S_Line_BEX_190ps_diverter_1.sized.jpg

Its a Effing pain in the **** to get to as well.

ill be 'once again' changing mine tomorrow too.4th Diaphram...:rolleyes:

ill be 'once again' changing mine tomorrow too.4th Diaphram...:rolleyes:

I think i must be catching up with you. When forge send me my new one it will be the 4th time ive taken mine off too :(

I think i must be catching up with you. When forge send me my new one it will be the 4th time ive taken mine off too :(

I sent my forge 007 back after I had the passat chipped as I tried 4 from the same supplier and none sealed properly, end up fitting a OE Audi TT 225bhp DV, never had a problem with that, I think I will do the same this time or try an S3 dv.
Alot of people seem to really rate the 007 but I'm not one of them.

I sent my forge 007 back after I had the passat chipped as I tried 4 from the same supplier and none sealed properly, end up fitting a OE Audi TT 225bhp DV, never had a problem with that, I think I will do the same this time or try an S3 dv.
Alot of people seem to really rate the 007 but I'm not one of them.

your post fills me with confidence.

Forge sent me a new diaphram few weeks ago but havnt tried it yet.Im hoping with my toughter spring aswell, it'll do the job.Failing that I think ill resort back to the Hyperboost valve.

Ive tried a few of the OEM 710N valves but just doesnt do it for me.Im getting a little lag between gear changes. Im sick of crawling underneath my car...:drag:

...well just changed back to my Forge with the new diaphram and uprated spring (yellow) and so far so good.

******, as i suspected in the same area as the Passat:(

Yeah, p1ss easy on a ramp but a pain on the floor.

I don't know why you guys bother with diaphragm DV's. I thought that was the point of changing the standard one?

My piston Hyperboost HX is spot on, I just screw the end cap off when I change my oil once a year, give the piston and O rings a quick wipe over and regrease it. Perfect.

BUB :thumbsup:

You know what BUB your right mate, Ive been thinking that lately.
The forge was on the car when I bought it but nothing but hassle since ive had the Sports Cat on. I had the same as you on my Red one and never had any issues at all. Been keeping my eyes peeled for another but nothing yet, I reckon ill just sod it and buy brand new in the new year if this one goes again!