How many psi?

badpanel

Reaction score
Only just got my 1.8t sport and today i connected up a boost gauge temporary to see how many psi it had.
Car is standard other than a stainless exhaust
How many psi should a standard car produce?
Mine had 8psi

Oh ok then its about right then! Was just wondering because mines done 165k and i get a bit of a whistle from the turbo on boost.

May remove turbo and put o long pipe into the cockpit because i reckon i could blown down it and create more than 8psi:jester:

Right coilovers are now on and now i'm wondering what is involved to get my 150bhp up to around 225bhp tt sort of power?
Can this be acheived with just a remap or do i need a bigger turbo and stuff?

the most you'll get out of the stock blower is around 205-210hp.

If you only want 225hp, then i'd look at getting a k03-073 from a B6 190 and a custom remap, which will hopefully see you to 230ish.

Sean said thats fine, any more than that and its a waste of time. Some of the US tunes are pushing k03/K04s to 28 PSI on daily drivers. I hate to think what the EGTs are like

Im pushing 22psi :p I win. 23/24 sometimes

Edit: Scroll Turbo here too.

Edit again: B6 BEX engine. I prefer reading the B5 section

We'll have to compare performance when we've both upgraded our turbos (again). Should still be fairly close I'd imagine :icon_thumright:

All thats left on the shopping list is the 71r, injectors and tune.

Have the FMIC and ATP/THS Elim mani under the tree at home :)

So hopefully end of February/ start of march and ill be pushing 300. Gonna keep the tune nice and conservative though until I swap out the rods.

Yeah Id be interested to see dyno numbers and drag numbers to compare both chasis'

Much the same here.. got everything but I need to get the injectors cleaned/flow tested and save for tuning.

I'll be happy if I can get it all together and running properly for GTI Spring Fest @ Santa Pod.