Advice on High Flow Panel Filter

jq_quint

Reaction score
Hi ya,

where/who is the preffered supplier for high flow panel filters these days?

(sorting out some xmas treats for the motor...lol..)

Thanks
J.

Stock paper filter is more than up to the job... until you get to 530bhp and then this happens:

25072009103.jpg

Ah, MRC have just started doing their own branded ITG foam filters. I've just bought one for myself actually.

my advise would be dont bother

it doesnt save you money. every time you clean it you need petrol to clean the gunk out the foam. every other time you clean it you need a new can of spray oil. £10 a go, if you really look for a good deal

cotton gauze filters really dont filter properly and the difference between flow between a paper and a foam is negligable

therefore, unless youre upto big big power, just get a new mann paper filter from gsf

spend the money on something useful like gearbox oil or brake fluid

ditto.

filters in stock airboxes have proven to flow worse than stock paper.

mod the airbox tbh if you think youre not getting efficent airflow. im going to rs4 spec my airbox, but then mine is c.320bhp so the stock airbox isnt exactly bad

my advise would be dont bother

it doesnt save you money. every time you clean it you need petrol to clean the gunk out the foam. every other time you clean it you need a new can of spray oil. £10 a go, if you really look for a good deal

cotton gauze filters really dont filter properly and the difference between flow between a paper and a foam is negligable

therefore, unless youre upto big big power, just get a new mann paper filter from gsf

spend the money on something useful like gearbox oil or brake fluid

Ok tanks matt, GSF? Are they oe suppliers then or are these filters an oe upgrade?

gsf = german swedish and french. they sell car parts up and down the country, usually big brand stuff like mann etc at good prices