Super Unleaded... Like Night And Day.

so how do you get one of these V-Power cards.....i feel inferior now with just my tatty yellow card

Have to use V-Power for 6 months without using normal unleaded. But if you put normal unleaded in and use your card you start from day 1 again.

Like Nilz said, You feel special with one haha.

Momma olways tole me ah was speshal!!!

Happy shopper fuel vs v-power is defo night and day. In the summer months the 95 fuel can eat away at 10+% of the power of a turbo charged car.

Super & V-power will allow for optimised performance in the mapping, when using 95 the knock sensors will detect the early flame front knock (pinking) and the ecu will start to pull the timing back. If there is constant knock the ME7.5 will auto swith the mapping in the ecu to use a lower load request map to limit the pressure build up in the cylinders to reduce the pinking.

When the engine is tip top condition and running on good 97+ fuel the ecu will use the optimum performance map tables for the fuel, ignition advance & max engine load.

To see the effect of the fuel changes you can use vcds to log channel 20, 115 and 118 to get a visual picture fo what the fuel is doing to the engine & performance.

V-power FTW

Nick

Are you using a SPS3 for the timing settings??
I just run the timing as standard off the map, with the boost at 9, mate spoke to a bloke at revo and said leave the timing alone. How are you running yours

Yeh I got hold of an sps controller from a very nice chap and have set boost to 9 and timing to 7. With a forge fmic, 99 ron fuel and decent cool scottish weather the corrections are within limits.

Yeh I got hold of an sps controller from a very nice chap and have set boost to 9 and timing to 7. With a forge fmic, 99 ron fuel and decent cool scottish weather the corrections are within limits.

Do you notice much difference with changing the timing ??

ok ok im starting to think the placebo isnt so with this, might have to start making the long journey to the shell garage again.... always loved that especially after having washd the car

ok ok im starting to think the placebo isnt so with this, might have to start making the long journey to the shell garage again.... always loved that especially after having washd the car

What you waiting for then Tim? :icon_thumright: haha.

patience young sir..... ive half a tank of 95 from last week, not been able to use the chuffin thing all week, MOT chap called last Sat to tell me it had ran out again booooo....earliest he could do was today....sailed through

Last edited:
Does anybody know how long it takes the ECU to detect the higher octain fuel ?
I have used both super market grade fuel and shell,tesco,bp high octaine options and to be honest the diffrence is far from day and night but is there,
WHen ever ive taken the car to be mapped or worked on ive always used Vpower. as from the new engine ive only run on it too.
Just because of what i heard somebody say that rang very true... "you have bought and modded quite an expensive car there... to get the best from it, so why the hell run it on diluted ditch water?"

I get better MPG with V-Power. Pre remap I never noticed any 'gains' from using it but since the remap it does seem to help a bit over standard 95 ron etc.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…