T28 upgrade shopping list?

ian52

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow
Reaction score
Any people that have gone this route what exactly did you have to buy? I mean i know turbo/manifold etc but what other stuff to run about 300bhp? Im just wanting to look into it and start getting an idea of how much it would all cost to get up and running.

Turbo
Exhaust manifold
Free flow (large diameter) exhaust
High flow CAT
High flow injectors
3" MAF housing
Custom TIP
Uprated DV valve
Custom rolling road tuning
Uprated clutch
Spare tyres (if you're FW drive) lol

I've probably missed something but check my turbo upgrade thread for more info..

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=54713&page=6

Good luck :icon_thumright:

coolant and oil lines appropriate for turbo
silicon hose of varying size for recirc valves, vacuum lines, EBC/MBC/N75 etc
fuel pump (uprated is advisable for 300bhp fuelling 044 Bosch etc)
FMIC
Downpipe with 02 bung (possibly two if running wideband gauge)
filter+housing
heatsheild material

Going on rough prices for bits i think i would be better going for the hybrid k04 and about 250bhp. For the cost of the t28 and everything needed to make it work i could sell the car and buy an s4 and have that power hassle free. The k05 hybrid would make it feel more like it should i would imagine. It feels like the k03 is screaming its nuts off just now.

really? there is a T25/T28 style turbo on ebay right now that was a bargain came with oil and coolant lines and manifold.
rest of the stuff you could get for under a grand if you shopped around

Exhaust £300-£500 ish. fmic £200. Injectors £100 ish. Inlet pipe say £100 ish. Not sure how much to get it mapped but say £500 again. I did look at that turbo but it dont say if it comes with the manifold or not does it? I mean i would like to do it but the car would probably be off the road for a few weeks where it could be done in a weekend with a bolt on hybrid. I know the t28 has far more potential but im not wanting to go daft though i would like to. Looking at that t3 im sure you could get a cat adapted to bolt up to it and still fit the standard exhaust and make up a new inlet pipe.

Well seeing i am skinto atm i cannot afford the T3 unit sadly.

Unless anyone wants to buy it and swap my hybrid i am going to stay with that i think.

Ian, i certainly wouldnt run that T3 or a T28 on a std cat and system, you would send the EGTs through the roof with the back pressure. The hybrid is pushing the system to it's max

Ditching the cat is one of those pointless not worth the hassle mods.

Yes it might gain you 10hp, but at the expense of having to dodgy every MOT, and risking getting humped by a VOSA stop/inspection.

Fit a 100cell sport cat, at least then its legal.