Squeaking, belt type noise?

S3-Oski

Reaction score
Hi, i have a problem that started today,

i was nearly home when i could hear a squeeking type noise!,

i turned down the radio and my car had almost like a quite belt slipping noise?

I slowed down to a satndstill the noise got less, then when stopped it stopped,

I drove again the noise got louder the faster i went,

I went to pull in at a lay by as i thought this could be bad, and i wanted to put it in neutral and rev it to see if its there then,

But it stopped?

i drove the 5 miles back carefuly, and never done it again

Now this is the first time i have ever heard this noise in my car, and it drove fine, temp fine etc,

a year ago i had, cam belt, pullys water pump, aux belt all replaced, done about 10-12k since i think,

Does any1 know what i could do now to have a look, or what it might be??

It sounded like it was def coming from the engine, when the windows were down i could not hear it it got drown out with the road noise,

Also i checked it was not the fans, cos at first i though it was a heater fan, making it, but turned it on/off no difference?

Any thoughts as i wont be able to get any1 to have a look till next week, and i dont really want to drive it incase something fails, and makes things worse, thanks alot, :icon_thumright:

Was it all the time or only when the steering was on full lock? My A4 2.0TDi needed a pulley replaced which 'squeaked' if my steering was on full lock in either direction and pushed.

Can't remember which one, but an ex-VAG mechanic who now works at our workshops did it after work one night for £50 all in.

Could find out if you liked.

hi mate . it was just driving along thats all,no difference

Hi all

I have found a vid that sort of sounds like the noise i heard, apart from my noise would stop when i stopped.

And as i got faster the noise got faster/maybe louder,

I could not really hear it with windows down, and definately sounded as if it was coming from the engine, but the noise sounded the same but louder, like a un oiled moving part spinning,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx1sVSGnXnM Any1 any ideas, as what i could check, as i really dont want to drive it incase, it is something that would cause me trouble thanks Oski

Hi,

I know its a long shot,

But has any1 got any place for me to have a look at what the cause could be:think:

As i have some time now, the thing is it does not seem to be doing it?

Im gonna get it looked at, but need to book it up wont be till at least weekend now, thanks