S3 rear black bumper insert with sensor holes?

AjM

Living in Blissful Ignorance
Reaction score
Anyone know the part number and no if the holes come raised and angled for the sensors to sit in?
Thanks

no idea of part number, the holes are both raised and angled so you will need the exact part

Excellent, so i can sit my sensors straight in then? Just the part number now as local Audi garage are useless..

I had a look recently at the insert for the S3 bumpers, the sensor hole diameter is 25mm, most aftermarket kits use 22mm dia sensors so they wil not fit right (they can be fitted with some sort of 'shroud' I suppose but would look tacky IMO). Don't have part number with me but will dig it out when I get home.

Also, I remember that the contour of the insert is slightly different to the standard S3 insert so the that sensors sit horizontal when fitted, it has a kind of bulge across the centre line and the sensor holes have mounting points in the rear of the insert too.

Arrr. I currently have the sensors mounted in the standard insert but i have had to use 2 angled shrouds to make them work and they still beep on flat ground with nothing behind. I would suppose the genuine sensors are stupidly expensive?

I would think so, I fitted an S3 bumper to my A3 and was going for the insert / aftermarket sensor kit but after checking everything, I decided against it.
The insert with rear parking sensors was priced at £60 (just the plastic grey panel), I wasn't brave enough to ask for the price of the sensors LOL!