Aero wipers WTF?

slepy

Extremely smart and handsome person.
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Have just changed wipers and arms to aero ones.
The one on passenger side works great. BUT!
Wiper on drivers side doesn't touch the windscreen almost at all!!
It just touches with both ends but nothing in the middle. So it doesn't take any water from the window at all.:(
WTF? Any idea?:search:

If you have litterally JUST changed them, don't worry, they arrive pre-'bent' and take a few hours to flatten completely on to the windscreen. Also when driving at speed, the downforce flattens the wiper on the screen much more.

If its been longer than this and you still have problems... I would suggest either playing with the spring tension that holds the blade on the screen, or taking the wiper off and gently bending in the in the other direction to it's natural bend to see if you can even it out.

I would think that this is the problem but these came of 2007 B7 so are not new...

I had this with mine when I bought a set from a B7. They will be fine, but you will need to slightly bend the drivers side wiper arm. Maybe the B7 has a slightly different curved windscreen, I'm not sure.....

I put a block of wood on the floor and placed the wiper arm on and applied gentle pressure to both ends to just increase the curve of the arm slightly. It doesn't take much, and it's a trial and error fit, but you just need the centre of the blade to make a stronger contact with the screen.

Thanks James
Will try to do that.

Try a little oil on the arm hinge it maybe a little seized i have come across this a few times .

paul - slepy said he'd changed the arms and blades.... but I guess if they were off a B7, that might be the case...

Could be my mates 06 b7 had this problem
just needed a little oil and some working back and fourth a bit .

Bending wiper fixed the problem. Probably when it was shipped it had been misshaped a bit.
Thanks guys

Im glad it worked ,
but the B6 and B7 have the same part numbers on the arms i checked today .

So could I order wipers from a B7 and put them on my B6? It doesn't really seem all that clear. To me.

Glad you got it sorted dude. But what's the big difference between regular wiper blades and these Aero ones? Educate me :uhm: (please)

Glad you got it sorted dude. But what's the big difference between regular wiper blades and these Aero ones? Educate me :uhm: (please)

Normal wipers have the rubber attached to a kind of sprung metal frame, whereas areo blades are just a rubber attached to a sprung piece of plastic. As such they look a lot neater, and are a lot more efficient, it's a worthwhile mod. Do a search for aero wipers, there's lots of threads and pictures etc.

So could I order wipers from a B7 and put them on my B6? It doesn't really seem all that clear. To me.

Yes thats right.

Will the B7 arms also allow more wipers to be installed? Because I've found a vast variety of wipers that I have personally used and have done extensive research on that the B6 arms simply will not allow.

Will the B7 arms also allow more wipers to be installed? Because I've found a vast variety of wipers that I have personally used and have done extensive research on that the B6 arms simply will not allow.

Audi use a unique fixing system for the wipers which means you have to use genuine or oe spec wiper blades. Sucks really as if they were standard like most cars you could do the aero wiper mod for a fraction of the cost.

Which leads me to my next question. Is there a previous B generation which allows this?