New bits arrived!

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Well considering when I asked my mate to get them for me and him being told 7-10 days my AP coilovers arrived yesterday and as I was out with some of the ladies from work and was then at a rolling road day today I didn't pick them up until about 4pm.

Here they are

PICT1009.jpg

First impressions of the kit are very good, they seem very well built and the finish is superb. I'm really looking forward to getting these on tomorrow. Just hope the weather behaves:angrymod:

Hope you had a nice time out! nice bit of kit hope the weather holds out

Weather held off with only the odd bit of drizzle. rears were a doddle, front drivers side was straight forward.

Front passengers side was a bit of a pig. 6 f***ing hours because of that stupid pinch bolt.

But they are now on and I think I'm pretty happy.They are far far harsher in use than the kit removed although not crashy. Whether I can live with it waits to be seen but it certainly carves the corners in an impressive fashion. I found myself doing several laps of the big roundabouts on my way back home last night. It does sit a bit lower than I would like it to but that's a straight forward fix. Pics to follow when I get home

Before
19-21.jpg

After
Aftercoilies.jpg

Excuse the naff phone pic, will take proper camera tomorrow and take some better ones.

Last edited:
Right height looking good. defo looks better i went for Eibachs Pros and Bilstiens B6 much smoother ride than coilyes

Too low...? Come on... get real! lol

Looking good. The kit looks like a decent quality too.

Did you put new top-mounts on all round while you were at it?

Geeman - It's staying as it is for now but that's mainly due to me injuring myself so climbing about on the floor with the wheels off the car isn't all that appealing. Top mounts were brand new all round not too long ago so they've been pressed into service again. Last job is the 2 upper arms on the passenger side which means that pinch bolt will have to be removed and it really wasn't for shifting on Sunday :(

Got tomorrow off work so might well wash the car and get some better pictures.

Couple of quick snaps I took today, car is mining dirty :(

PICT1012.jpg

PICT1010.jpg

PICT1013.jpg

And seeing as I've quit smoking I'm hoping to have some spare cash to get the intercooler (touches wood)

Last edited:
Whats the handling like now? Bumpy?, will hopefuly be getting a set myself quite soon so some feedback would be appreciated

It's very very firm but not unbearable (even nursing my injuries). Can't comment on the handling yet as I've not pushed it hard. The grip is unreal though, it feels like it's willing me on to drive faster, it carves through the corners on my commute to work. Will hopefully strap the video camer in over the weekend and head out for a drive.

Sounds just what i'm looking for....you dont work for AP do you?!!!!! Good salesman!!
At the moment i've got loads of understeer so hopefuly that will help, also handles like a canel boat at the moment!!

Whats up then?..injuries??

No mate. lol. I'm a lighting engineer by day and a car nut the rest of the time.

Depending how you set them up you should be able to dial out a wedge of the understeer but I wouldn't go too far as understeer is safe and you don't want it catchoing you out and swapping ends on you.

Struggled fitting the kit on Sunday due to a seezed pinch bolt that made the job a lot tougher so spent 6 hours in some funny positions without much of a break and skipped a chunk of sleep and partied just a bit harder than I should have. It's only strained muscles nothing scary, I'm just walking like I've mae a mess in my trousers :lmfao:

That's right mate. lol. Thankfully after taking yesterday off I'm now walking better again. Just in time to ruin myself tomorrow night. pmsl