Aero wipers

stevey_boy

Reaction score
i have a 02 a4 and was wanting to upgrade to the later model areo wipers. to do this i need to replace the arms! is there anywhere about that sells these at sensible money? even scrap yards?

Stephen

Try a search mate, yes you will need new arms and blades. Costs about £80 new (PM pjmspeedy :)) or a few members lately have picked them up from scrapyards too for a good price.

there is no retro fit available for the silly audi specific clips found on 01,02,03 cars..,
therefore you need to replace the wiper arms too.
I searched high and low with no success, but finally moved the goal posts and searched ebay for audi a4 breaking. I bagged a set inc. blades delivered for £35.

The arms are only around £26 ea, so the conversion works out as already said no too dull a price also the blades are far nicer wiper on the screen and quieter and not forgetting they will clean up the sure to be corroded arms that you have already .

interesting as iv always been in cars with them on that seem to work really badly,
Allways use genuine Blades or Bosch/Valeo
ive never put a set on and regreted it always an improvement on my 3rd retro fit set on 3 cars , S4 B5 / VR6 Corrado / And A4 B6.

compared to the B6 gen1 "originals", the 2003+ "Aero" wipers are mint!! Worth sticking with decent blades (Bosch/OEM) though: even the funkier designed aftermarket stuff usually works v well at first, but rots in a few months...

Retro fitted mine: one side took about <5 mins and the other took about 2 hours of G-clamps, monkey grips, lost lots of knuckle-skin etc, etc... when it got to the stage that I was bending the grips in the monkey grips so hard I thought I'd snap the handle I jsut packed it in and gave it to the mechanic as it went in for the annual service 2 days later :) Lazy, but effective... in the end, no charge too, so way cheap than risking a cracked windscreen :)

Last edited:
can anyone recomend me any good breakers on the mainland i could try for these

I tried most breakers from ebay who's got B7s and doncaster motor spares. Nothing...