How d'ya do this?

hi havnt been on here a while so thought id reply. basically i painted the chrome inner part of the headlight black to darken the front abit (good mod imo) how to.... i took the headlights out the car and took the little metal clips off the edge that hold the front plastic to the back plasic, then heatred around the edge so the glue comes soft and you can prize it apart, then theren are 2 screws which do the headlight adjusters you need to wind that all the way out so that the insides remove from back, take all the chrome bits apart sand them till dull then spray whatever colour you want, when all done put it all back together and thats that! you will need to have you headlights set up at a garage after to get them level tho. i did mine on a wall and got then level. any questions just ask and ill try and reply as quick as i can

as for the people slating my car ITS A BADGE!!!! it was on the front bumper so i left it on, hence why i havnt got the back badge!

25072009011.jpg

13032009250.jpg

07032009181.jpg

thanks for all good comments!:icon_thumright:

Now thats a lovely looking car. Looks very aggressive! Probably the best or one of the best looking 8L a3 i've seen

im liking the smooth rear look so not putting any badges on!

engine pic 4 those interested?

03052008077.jpg

Lovely engine bay! did it cost much to have the conversion done?