Revo Trial map problem.. help

You have a CAI and an airflow problem? Can you please explain? Thanks

Well Audi have came back saying its the valve springs and they are aware of the problem. They're all being upgraded to stiffer springs under warranty which should hopefully fix the issue once and for all.

Has anyone else had this?

You have a CAI and an airflow problem? Can you please explain? Thanks

The problem was running Stage2+ with the stock intake and a panel filter,which everyone thought would be OK,but in fact wasn't.

The stock system was strangling the airflow at peak revs.....once the CAI was fitted,the problem disappeared.

The problem was running Stage2+ with the stock intake and a panel filter,which everyone thought would be OK,but in fact wasn't.

The stock system was strangling the airflow at peak revs.....once the CAI was fitted,the problem disappeared.
Yours a different issue then, thanks for clearing that up. The usual issue people have, is misfires on stock cars running a map only on some cars build in 2008. I don't know exact dates though. After a point Audi stopped using softer springs, so not all facelifts have this issue.

Well Audi have came back saying its the valve springs and they are aware of the problem. They're all being upgraded to stiffer springs under warranty which should hopefully fix the issue once and for all.

The problem with warranty, usually, is that it only occurs on a maped car. So I can't go in asking for springs, except if there is a service bulletin or a recall of some sort? If you can get a little more info on that, it would help a lot of people here :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
Yours a different issue then, thanks for clearing that up. The usual issue people have, is misfires on stock cars running a map only on cars that were build in 2008. I don't know exact dates though. After a point Audi stopped using softer springs.

The problem with warranty, usually, is that it only occurs on a maped car. So I can't go in asking for springs, except if there is a service bulletin or a recall of some sort? If you can get a little more info on that, it would help a lot of people here :icon_thumright:

Whilst I obviously don't have the valve spring problem,it would be interesting to know when Audi decided to change the spring strength.

It's a pity that manufacturers aren't more open about faults or other known issues with their products,but I can see why.

AFAIK when audi changes ANYthing on an engine, the engine code normally changes. So theoreticaly, we could find out dates. Where can I find the engine number? :)

Marc, do the Aus. dealers do affiliated tuning? That is a great result given the inconsistancies with Audi UK and mapping.

No, the dealer doesnt know about the REVO. Even though the revo really brought the issue out ive always had a flat spot in the mid range since new. Been to the dealer a few times but no error code.

I'll try to find more info but the dealer seemed to know about the issue and the upgraded parts so im guessing theres a service bulletin. I as far as i can tell they know about the problem worldwide but will only fix it if people complain. In stock tune it is there, but very hard to feel if your not used to the car + no EC so it saves them money not doing a recall.