all read please!!!!

• Thread starter imported_stanA3turbo
  • Start date
I

imported_stanA3turbo

this is a topic that always comes up on every site ive been on for audi,seat and vw turbo's. ppl want a whoosh, but everyone says you cant but have they actually tried and tested the stuff. is it the fact that old men and suite wearers are afraid of abit of lumpy running or trying new things.

the fact is i'm willing to try everything to get my car to make a nice whoosh, i have been told by somebody on this site that bailey produce a bov that runs off cold air feed from intercooler, i havnt yet had the time to ring them.

when people say the car runs slower do they just mean by a fraction of a second or do they mean by a few seconds. surely the maf sensor can by tricked or a bov positioned somewhere else, are people to scared to try this or is it impossible.

the rover 75 has a maf sensor and recirc valve but you can still get it to whooosh.

people read and help, if you havnt tried it i dont want your opion only people who have tried it or have technical experience pleas reply

stana3turbo it was me that told you that you can fit a dump valve to an A3 turbo because i have one fitted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif it runs perfectly and does not go any slower.I had brought a twin piston dump valve elsewhere and had nothing but running faults, ecu kept turning down the boost pressure to compensate so i went back to the recirc valve ran perfectly, however i wanted it to dump so on recomendation i rang bailey motorsport who gave me the low down and i consequently brought the unit and fitted it to the cold side of the intercooler - throttlevalve pipe! Now runs perfectly with the tisshhh noise, i cant remember who it was that said you can get a recirc valve that also dumps a samll amount but after talking to baily they told me not to bother as it would sounf crap. the reason it dosent run properly when fitted in the place of the recirc valve is because it causes a massive air leak! the air mass meter picks up on this and adjusts mixtures to compensate thus causing massive lack of power and lumpy running. by completely removing recirc valve and not using that point at all you close off the air leak and vent the excess unneeded bost else where instead of reusing it. As yet my MPG hasnt changed. Except i find you tend to hang on to your revs to hear it more.
stana3 turbo where abouts are you if your close then i will show you how it is fitted to my car.

[ QUOTE ]
stanA3turbo said:
is it the fact that old men and suite wearers are afraid of abit of lumpy running or trying new things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a bit 'ageist' , don't you think. I don't often wear my suite, but have been known to wear a suit, I get the impression you might be 'stereotyping' there you know............. Thats not allowed on AS Net! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
stanA3turbo said:
people read and help, if you havnt tried it i dont want your opion only people who have tried it or have technical experience pleas reply

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, as Goldie would say " I can't help you mate".

Yeah Lee,

*** stop advertising your DV, can't you see i'm currently the high bidder!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Leddy said:
Yeah Lee,

*** stop advertising your DV, can't you see i'm currently the high bidder!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like you didn't get it man! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The BOV is mounted where the diverter valve was, on my car it's right behind the radiator between that and the engine. Was kind of tough to get to but only took about 30 minutes to install.

[ QUOTE ]
foolish3uk said:
stana3turbo it was me that told you that you can fit a dump valve to an A3 turbo because i have one fitted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif it runs perfectly and does not go any slower.I had brought a twin piston dump valve elsewhere and had nothing but running faults, ecu kept turning down the boost pressure to compensate so i went back to the recirc valve ran perfectly, however i wanted it to dump so on recomendation i rang bailey motorsport who gave me the low down and i consequently brought the unit and fitted it to the cold side of the intercooler - throttlevalve pipe! Now runs perfectly with the tisshhh noise, i cant remember who it was that said you can get a recirc valve that also dumps a samll amount but after talking to baily they told me not to bother as it would sounf crap. the reason it dosent run properly when fitted in the place of the recirc valve is because it causes a massive air leak! the air mass meter picks up on this and adjusts mixtures to compensate thus causing massive lack of power and lumpy running. by completely removing recirc valve and not using that point at all you close off the air leak and vent the excess unneeded bost else where instead of reusing it. As yet my MPG hasnt changed. Except i find you tend to hang on to your revs to hear it more.
stana3 turbo where abouts are you if your close then i will show you how it is fitted to my car.

[/ QUOTE ]

I LIVE IN BIRMINGHAM M8, ANY CHANCE YOU CAN POST UP A PIC OR SEND TO MY EMAIL johnstanley_1984@hotmail.com

thanx, and u positive that ya car dumps loud wivout to much performance loss or any other mods

MINT!! how much for all the bits and whats the exact make and model of the dump valve. where does that thin blue pipe go? as long as it makes the same noise as my m8s R5 i dont care how much it costs.

have you turned up ur boost a little or have you kept it standard

when you moved the dump valve on to the cold air side what did you do with the original valve did you have to blank it of or complete the curcuit by joining the pipes.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif