Aerial Base.

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can get hold of a new ariel base unit? Went to replace my ariel the other week to find all the base inside where the ariel connects to the actual base had corroded, tried to fit the new ariel but that just made things 10 times worse so in the end i ended up super glueing the old one back on lmao. So Any ideas guys, i know i need to remove the rear interior light to get to the base.

Yeah the seal is but also the base itself were the ariel screws into it has corroded.

If it is a new base, then you are probably looking at Audi only. I think the cost around £50.

im sure you have to buy the full lot inc aerial from Audi, £75 IIRC... i managed a base from vagparts before they shut, the base though was a tiny bit smaller and had extra wire coming out of it so wouldnt suprise me if it were from another vag car

Yup think it will have tobe, aint paying £75

i struggled to find anything else mate.... unless you look for a similar VAG one and try and get one where they sell the rubber seperately

car parks a great idea if you can get in the boot, remove the roof lining and get to the bolt :D

Puff only a minor set back, ive got some gorilla glue :), who needs a bolt.

So my new shark fin ariel arrived today. Went out to fit it, took the interior light out to find this, no 17mm nut:

Any ideas where the nut is and why a mini circuit boards there instead lol.

I'm fairly sure the electronic are for applying voltage to the electronics in the aerial base for the AM bands it does help with the FM too.
VW put the electronics in the radio I don't remember Audi ever doing so.

Ok thanks.
How do i remove it though, looks pretty stuck on or is the nut somewhere else that im not looking?

Ok thanks.
How do i remove it though, looks pretty stuck on or is the nut somewhere else that im not looking?

The amplifier is screwed down I think the nut may be underneath it. Failing that your going to need to lower the rear part of the roof linning.

Where does the wire go to from the amplifier?

Just disappears down behing the circuit and towards the left. Is it easy to drop the roof lining? How do you do it?

Depending on were you are in Barnsley I could possibly call past and give you some pointers.

Cudworth. About 2miles from barnsley centre.
Where abouts in yorkshire are you?

I'm in Monk Bretton so not far from you at all.
PM your details and I'll nip over a bit later on.

Wont let me mate, says you've requested not to receive pm's or your not allowed.
Btw not home till monday now, at the gf's lol.

Sorted the PM problem out.

Its a shame your not about as Ive to go to Grimethorpe shortly.

I have a Bora at the minute while I get my A6 done and if the wife lets me near it a TT.

What colours the bora? You ever go down to performance direct?

Can anyone shed any light on this please.
Ive got the roof lining off and everything exposed but how the hell do i ge the ariel off and my new one on. The only thing that is there is the PCB, do i need to remove the outer ariel casing on the outside of the car or what!
Its doing my nut in now.