Best spark plugs to use??

I would recomend NGK Iridium Plugs, Best plugs I have used IMO..

Depends what you want, Irridiums are designed to last a long time rather than get heat away quickly. I use NGKbk6EK iirc twin electrode ,so no gapping required,better heat sinking capabilities,cheaper at a quarter of the price.

I choose this option as i service the car regularily anyway so i can change them at oil change intervals and they have been shown to perform better and drag the heat away better at the expense of life

Denso iridiums.
0.3mm electrode, hotter spark, better combustion.

Denso also claim gains of 3-5 bhp on a tuned engine, but I think they're a bit optimistic...

NGK coppers, £1.99 each. Change them every 7k miles.

£40 on a set of plugs is nonsense.

The copper core plugs remove heat far better than the platinum etc electroes and as the copper core is wider, it's less susceptible to causing a hot spot in the combustion chamber that can promote detination.

Denso iridiums.
0.3mm electrode, hotter spark, better combustion.

Denso also claim gains of 3-5 bhp on a tuned engine, but I think they're a bit optimistic...

I am aware of at least 2 people that have had bad experiences with Denso plugs...

Essentially the ceramic fell apart into the cylinder head, writing off the head (valves and seat too badly damaged by the ceramic) and nuked the GT35 turbine requiring essentially a new turbo. Very expensive engine build due to something dodgy about the plugs...

I am going NGK on mine but for std you can't really beat OEM which are NGK any way IIRC

<tuffty/>

I've heard good things about silver plugs , has anyone else?

I've heard good things about silver plugs , has anyone else?

Haven't tried them yet, but silver is a better conductor of electricity apparently equating to a better more consistent spark.

Going to keep an eye on this thread as I'll be needing some new plugs soon!

:)

AVOID Densor unless you fancy ceramics breaking off and ruining your engine & turbo

you have been warned

they do not stand by their products when pushed on them. no guarantee

NGK for me any day of the week over Denso "engine breaker" plugs