vagcom ebay lead

S4twiggy

Fully Certified Detailer!!
Reaction score
i currently have vagcom given to me and was wondering wot lead would i need to use it on my 2000 plate S4?

would this lead off ebay be the right one for the car (item number 230335003811)

im not sure if i have the right version, i think the version is 409.1-S, is this right?????

That would do the trick mate. You do not have Can bus so the older VAGcom will be fine. If you find it's all good, you could consider purchasing a licence for $99. Unless the "demo" you have is sufficient for your needs

mark, wot does the demo version do? obviously i want to gt the licence eventually but will this demo read and clear codes for me?

ill be getting that lead in the week then

depends on what the software you have been given has. 409 is the max build that will work on a dumb lead like that. However it is all i use as i currently have no need for a CAN capable lead.

Demo will allow you to clear i think, bu doesnt give full descriptions of fault codes found.
PM me for any help you need

cheers mate, ill let you know when i get the lead, i dont want to mess anything up so i will be in touch with you before i plug in

i pressume this lead will work on the B6 too, just not the B7? I ordered one as my old one has a serial connection and I no longer have a serial laptop :( thx for the link @13.99 its a bargain :)

Some features on a B6 will require CAN i think.

Just recieved my lead from Ebay, works very well on windows Vista Laptop, i have also bought a copy of Vag-Com just waiting for the activation code to come now, anyone know how long Rosstech take to send it?

The demo they provide alows you to reset the codes in all modules, but you cannot mass remove DTC's you have to do each controller one by one.

Just recieved my lead from Ebay, works very well on windows Vista Laptop, i have also bought a copy of Vag-Com just waiting for the activation code to come now, anyone know how long Rosstech take to send it?

The demo they provide alows you to reset the codes in all modules, but you cannot mass remove DTC's you have to do each controller one by one.

Er i hate to tell you unless you actually contact Ross-tech for the $99 License you will not get a code.Were you told you get a code? Was it a £10 lead

Er i hate to tell you unless you actually contact Ross-tech for the $99 License you will not get a code.Were you told you get a code? Was it a £10 lead

I paid 99 just wondered how long it takes for them to email the code to you, I have the standard " it can take 1 day to ship" but I thought as it's electronic transfer it should be almost instant :)

Also nothing on Ross site about a 2001+ A4 B6 needs Can http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/canbus.html

Although i have read if you need to programme the steering wheel for cruise etc then can is needed, wierd how ross-tech say you don't need it ?

Last edited:
so the ebay lead for 13 bucks would do fine for the demo version of vagcom i have???? its vagcom 409-1 wot ever that means

are B5s on OBD2 and is the port in the ashtray in the back?

yer i use a ebay lead i paid £10ish for, which works fine with 409.1

cool, so can 409.1 read and clear codes then?, ive got this until i get the rosstech version in coming weeks

yer, it doesnt show all the codes with their description, but you can look the codes up on rosstechs website.