Which coilovers keep the ride comfort as standard?

g10chy

Reaction score
Hi,

I tried to leave this car standard but ive come down with the modding bug AGAIN! I have lowered every car i have owned so far and looks like the S3 will be another victim shortly :)

What coilovers do people on the forum reccommend? I would like to keep the ride comfort as close to standard as possible.

Cheers,
Chris

I'm considdering getting some coilovers soon, the KW V1's look good and have lots of good reviews

All coilovers will stiffen up the ride and some comfort will be lost, this you can't avoid.

A good choice though as said is the KW V1's and also the Weitec Hicon GT's which are also made by KW.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Has anyone got any pics of how the S3 on standard 17's sits with the KW springs and shocks combo?

I fitted the koni sports coilover kit to my S3 not long after i bought it. I had only just got over a broken back so didnt want a rock hard ride. I must say on half adjustment they are great. Less roll but not hard and crashy. I did put them on the softest setting and to be honest... it was as near to the standard set up as makes no diffrence, On a track day i did have a play with the harder settings and they are good too. Maybe the only thing i would change is the anti roll bars .
But all in good time !

i've been out in an s3 (s3 kev's) with ap coilovers fitted, and the ride seemed really good harder than standard yes but not crashy at all, i shall be getting mine fitted once i can afford adjustable tie bars deffo reccommend them.

yep the ap's are really good even though some people seem to say there harsh dont belive these people though as they only fit the stuff and dont live with the car afterwards, i belive there also made by kw come out the kw factory and look remarkably like the kw v1's think there just rebranded and cheaper