which coilovers

s3_kev

Stage2'd!!!!!!
Reaction score
im currently looking at buying some coilovers but just unsure which to go for really i dont want to spend any more then 1k on coilovers and rear tie arms so i have been looking at the eibach pro street s kit, kw veriant 1 and the weitec hicon gt kit, the weitec kit is around £200 cheaper so is it worth paying the extra for the kw's or eibachs

I'm in the same boat... might go for Billy B8s and H&R springs, like the suspension guide says, instead though. I don't need ultimate cornering ability at the complete cost of ride and comfort. Are the Pro Street Ss really that firm/stiff?

yeah i have h+r springs at the moment but want the back a bit lower so looking at the coilovers

I can't speak on the others but I was impressed with the eibach coilovers on my A3, though i'd never have coilovers again for the road, I found them to bumpy really for everyday use, did look the tits though...and handling on a flat smooth road was brilliant...

All 3 kits you've said are very similar in ride quality with the build quality being ever so slightly better on the Eibach's and KW's but if it were my car i'd go for the Weitec's.

Damian @ DPM

how low do the weitecs go?? id like to have the choice of how low i can go rather then not quite enough, do the eibachs lower the back more?? im swaying towards the eibachs to be honest. but really want a kit that gives the most varied ride hights i dont want it to low but have the option to go to the level i want.

I can't speak on the others but I was impressed with the eibach coilovers on my A3, though i'd never have coilovers again for the road, I found them to bumpy really for everyday use, did look the tits though...and handling on a flat smooth road was brilliant...
yeah i had coilovers on my old corsa so no the sort of ride to expect and your right its not the best set up for road use but there isnt much choice as no one does springs any lower then 30mm