Dashboard differences over the years...

aragorn

"Stick a V8 in it!"
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has had a close look at the differences between the dashboards on facelift and prefacelift cars?

It seems that they have different part numbers but how different actually are they?

Same story with the heater box. Anyone know what the difference is between the pre and post facelift heater/ac unit?

Basically i want to know if i can fit a facelift AC/Climate-Spec heater unit in my pre-facelift car. Pre and post facelift units have different part numbers, but as with all things audi, different part number doesn't necessarily mean it wont fit.

Main differences between pre and post-facelift heater / aircon assembly is the servo motors that control the flaps. The connectors are also different between the 2, as are the main wiring harnesses.

I've fitted aircon to 3 B5 A4's in the past - 1 pre-facelift, and the other 2 post-facelift, and in the pre-facelift one, had to do a lot of splicing to get everything to work, and be able to be interrogated by VAS 5051/2 via the OBD port.

Well at least i know its possible then :)

So the Newer style hvac box will fit my car? I plan to get as much loom etc from the donor as possible, hopefully to make the fitting easier.

I have a compressor sitting from my V8, but doesnt look like it fits an I4 :(