Clutch Pedal slow to rise

alijames

Reaction score
Hi All,

A curious problem the last week or so :

When I start up from cold, the clutch pedal does not rise back fully until the engine is warmed up. The biting point is fine and the clutch still works as I would expect, except that the pedal rises to about half way, then stops. If I then take my foot fully off, it will pop back up a few seconds later. This happens on every gear change for the first few miles, and gradually gets better until all is fine.

I'm hoping it is just a lack of lubrication of the pedal mechanism, and I'll investigate tomorrow after golf, but thought I'd see if anyone has had this before, as a search did not bring up anything similar. :think:

Cheers,

When the peddle was slow to return on our TQS it a first the master cylinder, then when it started again, it was the slave cylinder. I suppose it's possible that the spring ***'y has popped off the peddle box

Hi Mark et al,

Finally got the car into the garage to get checked out, as could not get reverse or 1st when cold over the weekend, and they reckon it's the slave cylinder, so engine drop and box off thanks to VAG putting the slave inside the gearbox...:sob:

I've been advised to get the clutch, flywheel and release arm replaced as well. As the car has only done 73k and the clutch seems fine otherwise, is this sensible, or should I just get the slave cylinder replaced?

£300 for the dual mass flywheel sounds a bit scary. Does this sound about right, or should I be looking at something after-market which is better/cheaper?

Might be getting a remap soon, so should I look to get an uprated clutch while I'm at it?

All this 2 days after buying the ex out of the house for a doubling of mortgage :(

7.5hrs labour sound about right too?

Cheers,

Last edited: