Tell me what you think pls

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm looking at buying S line a3 2.0tdi 170. It's 2007 done 22,000 miles for £14990
with
multi function steering wheel, blue tooth wired, upgrade 18" alloy wheels,

I have a a3 sport 2004 2.0 TDI 140 at the mo.
Tell me what you all think / what too look out for

Ta

Dan:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Private or trade?
There’s 101 things but here is a start..
See that all the electrics are working windows air-con
Don’t be intimidated you say it has “multi function steering wheel, blue tooth wired” ask to see all this working.

Good luck

Hi all

I'm looking at buying S line a3 2.0tdi 170. It's 2007 done 22,000 miles for £14990
with
multi function steering wheel, blue tooth wired, upgrade 18" alloy wheels,

I have a a3 sport 2004 2.0 TDI 140 at the mo.
Tell me what you all think / what too look out for

Ta

Dan:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Price seems very good, is it on Autotrader?

the thing to remember (which i am sure you are aware of) is that the these non common rail 170 TDI have a DPF, that's why i went for a 140 and now have ordered a 170, but the new common rail (heard some bad stories about the DPF on these TDI 170 engines). If you do lots of town driving etc i would stay clear of the older TDI with DPF. There are lots of threads on here about DPF problems etc. If you do lots of motorway miles then from what i read you will have no problems. I have also read the new common rail engines have fixed and DPF problems, hence even the new 140 has a DPF not just the 170.

But i might be wrong maybe the problems on the older 170's are not that bad, i am sure someone with a TDI 170 can comment.