Getting Alcantara inserts changed to leather

marctwo

Reaction score
I've found a nice S3 but it's got blue alcantara inserts similar to this...

www.audiworld.com/features/tests/2004_s4_013.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Does anyone know how much it would cost me to get these re-covered in black leather? It would be for the front and back seats and it would have to look perfect (of course!).

Marc

[ QUOTE ]
marctwo said:
I've found a nice S3 but it's got blue alcantara inserts similar to this...

www.audiworld.com/features/tests/2004_s4_013.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Does anyone know how much it would cost me to get these re-covered in black leather? It would be for the front and back seats and it would have to look perfect (of course!).

Marc

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude,

I would kill for those seats with blue alcantera! Looks fantastic, and SOOO much better than leather as you dont slip and slide all over the place!

keep it! You will like it in not too long!

Rich

I would swap my all black leather to have the blue alcantara.........I love those seats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

[ QUOTE ]
S3 Mike said:
I would swap my all black leather to have the blue alcantara.........I love those seats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go mike,

So a swap with the guy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Rich

I am worried about the airbags being disconnected...........or is that an easy thing when transfering seats?

Seriously, leather is a pain in the butt area :)

After a while it gets wrinkled etc.

I'd keep the alcantera too. It'll look better for longer.

Is it the colour you don't like?

But if you have to have them swapped, MJ Interiors will do a perfect job.

[ QUOTE ]
S3 Mike said:
I am worried about the airbags being disconnected...........or is that an easy thing when transfering seats?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just disconnect the battery for half an hour before hand and you should be fine.

Wow. I am a little surprise at the responses to this one. The guy I talked to about the car was saying that it was cheaper because of the seats! I guess a lot of people had the same reaction as me.

Bearing in mind that you guys think that the alcantara is better, how much would it cost to have it changed to a different colour but still alcantara? Do you think they would have to swap the covering entirely or would they be able to re-stain it a different colour (light grey/silver perhaps)? Where could I get this done?

Thanks for your feedback guys!

I'm sure someone on the forum had there seats re-trimmed in silver alcantara. I dont think the dying will be an option to be honest.

What colour car are they going to be fitted to. I'd say the blue trim would go in most coloured cars.

That would be Jimbo!

Im planning to have mine done in dark grey leather and blue alcantera when i change the seats! The blue alcantera is sweet!

Rich

Goes well with the Nogaro, but might not go so well with Imola Yellow. Might look a bit like a Chiquita Banana.