service lite has come on from 4500?

Mason-A3Sport

Audi Sport
Reaction score
I noticed my service light had come on yesterday, i was confused because the day before i looked at when my car needed a service and one was due in 4500 miles, Does anybody know what this could be, i dont mind getting my car serviced but i just didnt understand why it jumped, normally it would reduce every 300 miles on the computer to when it would next need serviced, has anyone experienced this before?
Also can anybody recomened a decent garage to get it serviced at that has an Audi stamp? My car has full Audi service history and i wanted to continue it, anywhere appart from Audi as ive heard you pay far too much for the parts if anything needs replacing, i live in Newcastle Upon tyne. Cheers :icon_thumright:

Not sure about the indicator, but I do know that Audi have set prices for services, and have set them pretty low. Dealers are not happy as their margins shrink, but because of the economy they are try to get more business. The more cars they get the better, I mean rather get some business with low margins, than no business at al?

I am pretty sure the offer is valid for all cars under 2L, so give your local dealer a call. anything outside the service kits, just get done elsewhere, or buy the parts in advance if you know there are going to be issues.

Nice to hear, is this all dealers and do you know how much roughly it is for a service now i remember it was around the £150 margin last time.....

Not sure, it was on the Audi web site, and depends on what you need done, but think like cam belt changes have been set at just under £400, but does not include the WP.