ebay vag com cable

hammondr

Reaction score
i got an ebay com cable and it keeps coming up port status ok interface not found can anyone help me please:sos:

You need to give more information. I assume you have installed drivers and followed all instructions that came with the kit.

You don't need the full latest version with the Ross Tech hardware if you just want to use the basic shareware features. Trouble is the 3rd party USB interfaces are sometimes troublesome to set up.

How much can one pick vag com up for then?

Toying between Liquid module and vagcom

i am trying to use 409.01us and when you first open the the vagtech i go the optoins to set it up and the message PART STATUS OK, INTERFACE CANNOT BE FOUND

HAVE YOU GOT THE DRIVER IF SO AN YOU SEND ME IF YOU ARE USING THE SAME CABLE NAQUISS

How much can one pick vag com up for then?

Toying between Liquid module and vagcom

Vagcom is by far best addition to any VAG car, click on the INFO HERE link in my sig for a price.

& the ebay leads are synonymous for being crap, they tend to work for some period & then go wrong & its vagcom not vagtech, some can work for long time but you're restricted to very old versions & limited functionality, personally I wouldnt risk a dodgy ebay lead on my nice car.

you need to setup the driver correctly....something like USB: Com 4 or something i have details somewhere, pm me to remind me

HAVE YOU GOT THE DRIVER IF SO AN YOU SEND ME IF YOU ARE USING THE SAME CABLE NAQUISS

You're not helping yourself here mate...

Firstly, typing with you CAPS LOCK switched 'on' is seen as shouting and is considered rude.

Secondly, have you bothered to ask the person you bought the cable from if he/she has a link to the drivers/install instructions? There are many ways of having your OBD cable connected through the USB interface, so different cables will have different drivers.

And lastly, paying 15 pounds for a cable that should cost over 200, you should not expect it to work perfectly with VAG-COM. The cheap cables are unreliable and generally considered a waste of time and money - I know, I have been there.

Ross-tech have a USB drive install page that goes through the process of installing USB drivers. Give this a go and see if it works.

250+! Think i'll stick with the Liquid. It can be mounted in the car permenantly and is nearly £100 cheaper!

We'll see if the liquid helps you resolve temp gauge/sender faults etc, lol.

got extra instruction from the guy i bought it from seems to work a treat now, thanks to anyone who offered help if anyone else needs help who bought one i would be more than happy

We'll see if the liquid helps you resolve temp gauge/sender faults etc, lol.

How much less does the liquid do compared to vagcom? I like the idea of graphs etc i must admit, but i'm not carrying my laptop everywhere with me every time i fancy looking something up. If i can clear common faults etc thats fine?

the Liquids are hardly upto vagcom levels and arnt going to help you when it comes to fault finding even if they are slightly cheaper.

They're far from any comparison to vagcom, seriously no where in the same league & this is said as a user not a seller.

Its your money of course but if you're buying for something pretty & showpiece in the car then fine, but if you want a proper diagnostic/config piece of kit, vagcom is second to none, even better than audi's kit to some extent.

Glad you got that sorted. The cables come with disk with all the software and drivers you need.

So did you get any trouble codes from the car?

abs fault and central locking where the only faults i got nothing i did not know already

so did you just buy a cable from ebay? do you require any other software oither than the drivers that come with the cable?