VAG cable

Voodoo

Reaction score
Website
www.shrewsburybowmen.co.uk
Im looking to buy a vag cable and software for my laptop from ebay. I have a 1.8T 1999 A3, and ive been trying to ask the seller a few questions about the cable but had no response, the seller is alpha-bid item number: 330118081050
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...E:B:AAQ:UK:1&viewitem=&item=330118081050&rd=1

I asked them
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Will this item, work fine on an Audi A3 1999 1.8 T Sport UK model? im not sure if its Can-BUS or not. will I need the adapter? Does the software come with the cable? I would be needing shipping to the UK aswell thanks

Has anyone had any dealings with that particular ebay shop? have you bought a similar cable? will the item work ok for my car? is the A3 CAN-BUS compatable, hence I need a different cable? will I need the adapter due to the age of the car? etc.
Is there a better place to get this equipment from?

thanks
[/FONT]

i got a cable from alpha bid and it works well.
It will work with you car.
You may want to look at getting a usb lead if your laptop supports usb.
The software is free from ross-tech.com but the free software is limited.
The one i brought was in the UK i think so included shipping.

I've got the Alpha-Bid cable and ross tech software too, all works great! Just follow the read-me instructions that come on the CD with the cable.

Can any of you fellas tell me exactly which cable I need, as my 2000 a3 has the CAN BUS...? Cheers

which thing do you download i am searching for an s3 about 2000 ish, so thought it may be handy to install ready

cheers rob