Cupra R splitter

voteforpedro

Reaction score
Any pics of a Cupra R splitter on a standard A4 bumper? I know they look awesome on S4 bumpers and I thought they would look pooh on a standard bumper. However, while in Cornwall I saw an A3 with the same combo and it looked very OE and cool... The standard "lip" on the A3 and A4 are very similar so there's no reason why it couldn't look good on an A4. ;)

944626-IMGP0421.jpg

See the familiar curve of the standard splitter? If I colour-coded mine I could pull it off. :)

Obviously width of bumper will play a big part though...

XEE11.jpg

Oooh. So this fella has removed the standard lip completely... If the owner could post some pics from different angles I'd be very grateful. :)

I've recently put the LCR splitter on mine... fixed it to the standard lower section without a problem. Looks MUCH better now!

lcr_sp10.jpg

No other angles at the moment I'm afraid...

Geeman, looks good! ive head people say you need to trim it and use mastic etc to fill some gaps? did you find this was the case? im quite tempted by one of theese myself.

look forwards to some more shots.

No mastic! Yuk!

It now needs a bit of 'gentle persuasion' with a heat gun to slowly 'teach' the side sections towards the end to follow the line of the original lower section a little better.

The whole splitter is a little too long at each end by an inch or so, so it needs trimming there... and the centre 'upright' sections need trimming as they stand too proud. It's an hour's job at most... made MUCH easier by removing the bumper first.

Just line the centre up and fix it... then just line the sides up one at a time and drill some pilot holes and fix with some nice black self tappers. Job done.

£17(ish) + VAT direct from SEAT if I remember correctly

Ouch!

I'm off to buy a load of VAG parts and sell them on Ebay and make a killing then!

Just buy them direct from Seat, around £20 all in.

Alot of people have been stung by buying them from the Bay, but for a change, its cheaper to get the real deal from the Seat dealer.

Nilz