painted rear brakes

ROLTYA3TURBO

essex boy :)
Reaction score
hi guys, finally got round to painting my brake calipers this morning.i used hammerite smooth finish paint in dark blue very similar to the colour of my car which i like :drool:.Unfortunatly i didn't get round to doing the fronts due to rain grrr (typical english weather haha),here's some pics.will be taking better ones once i do the fronts next weekend and add the audi decals ive got for them aswell!

degreasedbrushedbrakecaliper.jpg

paintedcaliper1.jpg

paintedcaliperwheelon1.jpg

paintedcaliperwheelon3.jpg

all i need now is my new 18's which i will have soon too :) so more pics will follow that

Looks a very good job, looks good, How long did it take?

I changed my front pads disks other week was going to do it but forgotto buy paint lol, im gonna do it i think,

Is your car propped up on your alloy?? :faint:

Looking good mate, you did a good job, and no over spray in sight :respekt:

painted mine black last week too!

the alloy looks like its been put there out the way and prob on axel stands i do the same somtimes :yes:

You can see some red feet in the pic so thankfully he's used axle stands!

Thanks guys, yeh i used axel stands :yes: just put the alloys under the car out the way.i used a brush believe it or not, took around 2 hours to de-grease,wire brush, sand and then rinse off,then obviously waited for them to dry and then painted them 1 coat.will be doin the fronts next weekend and adding the audi ring decals i have.so might give all four 2 coats weather permitting!
s3-oski you should definantly paint your calipers, makes them stand out really nice, just can't wait to get my new discs and new wheels to show them off that bit more! :)

yea basic hammerite smooth finish out of a tin.comes in a much wider range of colours than caliper paint kits.i used it on a previous car and remembered how good it looked so used it again on my a3.it's all in the prep work.will be doin fronts this weekend and second coating all four so will post some pics:) will also hopefully have the audi rings decals on all four too!

i used red hammerite last year....seems to have lasted, keep meaning to do the backs but havent had time and cannot be ***** to be fair at the minute....

good job mate

hi guys i managed to finish painting my brakes and adding the decals allround this weekend.i haven't fitted my new grooved/drilled discs yet as they didn't turn up before the weekend! grr next day delivery my a**e lol!i took some pics for you to have a butchers at to see what you think :)

rears now with decals
2009-05-23123526.jpg

fronts painted
2009-05-23144758.jpg

2009-05-23144819.jpg

fronts with decals
2009-05-23154747.jpg

2009-05-23155123.jpg

2009-05-23155135.jpg

2009-05-23155155.jpg

:arco: