Anyone selling soon?

L_Smith

Reaction score
hi,

im lookin for a 1.8t 8l 2000-on

preferably under 80k

3 Door

il be ready to buy in about 2 weeks

what sorta money would we be looking at spending as ive only ever had clio's and dont realy know much about the audi's

thanks for the help

lew

for something like that, i'd say anywhere between 2.5-3.5k depending on body condition and interior condition, and whether the cambelt has been done....

yeh that sounds reasonable.. there doesnt seem to be many under 80k miles for less than 3.5k at the moment theres a few but they all seem to be 5dr..

i know the vag engines run forever but its more for peace of mind id prefer a lower mileage version.

There are plenty of bad examples out there so make sure you have a good look at the ones you go and see.

A car with sub 80K miles, full VAG history, cambelt and waterpump done can be had for around £4K. There are plenty of nice ones about with full leather and all the toys etc. I looked at about 20 before I found mine with low miles, full leather, BOSE stereo etc.

They're reliable cars that do go one for a long time as long as they are maintained. You can get problems with bushes so one test drives listen out for any clunks or bangs. Make sure its had regular services and oil changes and the cambelt and water pumps been changed.

Good luck with the search, good cars are out there for sale, you might just have to travel or wait around for one (worth it though to get a minter).

Get yourself a nice silver 3 door with black leather, they're the best ;)

Tom

thanks for the help mate im going to look at one this weekend its the first of many probably im a bit fussy

thanks for the help mate im going to look at one this weekend its the first of many probably im a bit fussy

Same here, I wanted something that was in top condition. After a bit of hunting found a 50K miles car with all the toys, 1 owner and full Audi SH.

Just a case of getting to look at as many as you can.

T