S3 How can you tell the BHP difference???

I

imported_dpo

I have recently bought an S3 Negaro Blue but i want to find out if its a 210BHP or 225BHP??
How can I tell the car is a late 2001.

Please help!

Cheers

DPO

[ QUOTE ]
Dan Orchard said:
I have recently bought an S3 Negaro Blue but i want to find out if its a 210BHP or 225BHP??
How can I tell the car is a late 2001.

Please help!

Cheers

DPO

[/ QUOTE ]

Difficult one. 225's came in late 2001, so yours sould be a 225 or a 210. Whats is the engine code? 225's were 'BAM' i believe!

Rich

where can i find the engine code????
There must be some way of finding out???

My engine code is AMK

Buggar wanted it to be the 225
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Dan Orchard said:
Buggar wanted it to be the 225
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

never mind. Get it chipped and there is no differene! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Insurance is the difference /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Insurance is cheaper on a 210 than it is on a 225!

Group 17 vs Group 18

[ QUOTE ]
peteTDI said:
what group is a 1.8t?

[/ QUOTE ]

gp15

Just to add, if you look at the sticker in the boot that lists the weight, paint colours and factory options, a 225 car says 165 KW.

dunc

210 says 154kw, i had the same thing bought a late 2001 51 plate and assumed it must have been the 225, later found out it was not.

Get a Revo chip with dual programme when you get it chipped, If you only swap to the modified map on trackdays you dont need to tell the insurers! They couldn't tell anyway if you remove it before any claim etc!

[ QUOTE ]
nervus said:
Get a Revo chip with dual programme when you get it chipped, If you only swap to the modified map on trackdays you dont need to tell the insurers! They couldn't tell anyway if you remove it before any claim etc!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be very carefull with this. The revo code stays in the ECU even when you switch to "normal" mode!
And you may not be in the position to switch it back to normal if you have a bad accident!

If you are going to chip the car, tell the insurance!

What happens if you kill someone and your insurance is void because you didn't tell them about the remap? Big bill!

Just my 2p worth!

Rich.