Servicing my S3

S3 HODGE

Brown passenger seat.
Reaction score
Hi all, im new to this site. Im sevicing my S3 on friday (Spark plugs, Oil filter, Fuel filter and oil change) and i was wondering what Spark plugs to buy? Heard the Iridium plugs are better? :shrug:
My car has had these mods....Miltek Catback, THS De-cat and a Neuspeed P-Flow intake (Only installed the intake yesterday).
Thanks
Adam.

I'm not sure if you've considered it, but if your car has a FSH already you might as well pay the little extra and get a dealer or a reputable garage to do it as otherwise your taking selling value off your car [if you ever actually want to sell it that is]... I cold service my A3 if i wanted but i'll pay the garage or dealer cos otherwise it wasted the rest of the FSH...

Thanks for the reply. My friend works at an VAG specilist garage and on Friday afternoon/Saturday morning they let him use the ramps for personal jobs. But he's confirmed it with his boss and he will give me a stamp in my book like he had before with the A3 i had. Im only using there oil at the garage, So thats why i was asking what plugs to buy as im not sure whether i should just replace them with what's in there already? :think:

18 with an S3!!!! What insurance do you pay out of interest?

Cheers,

I owned the S3 a few day's before my 18th :) But had to wait untill i was 18 to insure it. :(
Im the main driver on my 2003 S3 with my dad as a named driver, as it worked out at the same price as him being the main driver and me the named? £2990 :( (Hope i dont get yelled at by you guys for this!)
I Owned a 1.6 Audi A3 untill i bought my S3. It was cool ill post pictures of both car's up when i get back from work.

£2990!!!??? Sweet Jesus! You must really have wanted your car!

£2990!!!??? Sweet Jesus! You must really have wanted your car!

Ever since i was 16 :wub: I had the A3 and the plans were to buy a written off S3 to use the engine, interior and what was left of the panels/bodywork etc but in the end i got carried away looking and worked my *** off to get my Noggy blue! :yum:

£2990!!!??? £2990!!!??? £2990!!!??? £2990!!!??? £2990!!!??? £2990!!!???

LOL wow!

Oh well fair play to ya mate!

Never heard that before lol, Thanks
Even dad thinks its a stupid thing to do but hes got an 8P S-line and he know's im faster :racer:

Anyway going off topic now.....What plugs?

Only just read this thread. Well done mate for working so hard to pay £3K insurance. Did you have to sell a kidney or something?

Well luckily i found a good job as soon as i finshed my diploma with Siemans (i only got the job really because my dad works there aswell) doing 42 hours a week and then i worked at a supermarket at night doing about 30 hours a week. Was half alive but now ive got the S3 i dont work at the supermarket anymore. I had been saving already for a motobike but in the end i bought the S3 first then sold the A3 and used the money to buy my bike :)

:applaus:well done that man. You'd best get saving for next years insurance then.

Yea well i have done a quote on how much it will be next year and its alot cheaper so i could off waited a year but i suppose you only live once ehh? lol. But yes thanks for reminding me i have been putting some aside for it so it should be no proplem :arco:

ngk ones from GSF. forgot number and can`t get to them without taking the car back out of the garage

Yea i go to TPS who sell all the genuine parts at a low cost to the dealers in my area but i use my friends account (who works at a VAG specilist) so things are cheap as :)

Fuel filter £7
Oil filter £4.50
Castrol VW503 oil (5 litre) £25
NGK plugs are roughly £30 a set he said - But i dont know what ones to get yet. I looked on NGK website and looks like i got an idea on the one's i need. Thanks for the help tho :thumbsup:

My god man, You're lucky you actually got someone to insure you on what i believe is a group 18 car with a type H insurance restriction, which means you have to be 25 to insure it. That is more than i paid for my A3, tho i reckon i would do it if the woman would let me work that much!!
I cant even afford to mod my a3!!

=D

My god man, You're lucky you actually got someone to insure you on what i believe is a group 18 car with a type H insurance restriction, which means you have to be 25 to insure it. That is more than i paid for my A3, tho i reckon i would do it if the woman would let me work that much!!
I cant even afford to mod my a3!!

=D

I didnt sell my A3 untill two Saturdays ago lol. I was lucky that everything fell into place with me getting two jobs and then things that i had up for sale sold in perfect time :) Ive got to be carefull as im a contractor and my work can say bye bye at anytime :( That's why i have put next years insureance in a fixed 6 month ISA so if all goes tits up i can keep the car but i will have to find another job quick! lol. :o.k:

Can't speak for NGK's but i do use iridiums. My old Polo GT made 79bhp on the rollers (standard 75) and they were the only non-standard engine parts...

They also last forever - was talking to the Denso rep a while back and apprantly any plugs that get returned to them cos they're faulty get sent back to japan to be looked at. So far they've never had a plug fail due to manufacturing faults, only **** ups when they've been fitted...

Can't speak for NGK's but i do use iridiums. My old Polo GT made 79bhp on the rollers (standard 75) and they were the only non-standard engine parts...

They also last forever - was talking to the Denso rep a while back and apprantly any plugs that get returned to them cos they're faulty get sent back to japan to be looked at. So far they've never had a plug fail due to manufacturing faults, only **** ups when they've been fitted...

Thanks you two for the help. I went to my local warehouse that sell's genuine Audi/VW/Seat parts and bought.....
4 NGK Platinum Sparl plugs
1 Fuel filter
1 Oil filter
and a 5 litre bottle of Quantium Gold high performance oil :o.k:

Only came to £55.99! Payed a friend to help me and stamp my book :)

Service went well apart from taking Everything that needed changing out, because when Audi (YES Audi!) done the last service they didnt lubricate anything before fitting it so it was a bit*h getting them off. But i put the new plugs in with a small spray of Copper spray and used other lubricants when putting the fuel/oil filter on.
Also did the brake fluid and run a bit of cleaner though the engine :drool:
Now it run's and drive's like a brand new car :yahoo:

i wish i could have afforded an s3 when i was 18 haha am 21 now and have had mine about 3 months, and to pay nearly 3K insurance you must have wanted it bad. Am payin £540 on mine

i wish i could have afforded an s3 when i was 18 haha am 21 now and have had mine about 3 months, and to pay nearly 3K insurance you must have wanted it bad. Am payin £540 on mine

Lol, like i said i worked my *** off so i can rightly say i deserve it :laugh:

who is insuring a 21 yr old on an s3 for 540? that is less than i pay on my 1.8t and im 24 [nearly]

:iagree: That is pretty low considering your age, I assume you have lots on no claims bonus, but even then, that is cheap!!!

who is insuring a 21 yr old on an s3 for 540? that is less than i pay on my 1.8t and im 24 [nearly]

Yea sound's cheap to me!, Maybe his a named driver or got an older person as a named driver on the car?

And i thought i'd got a good deal on my insurance, Ive got my own policy also and my insurance is £1200 fully comp on a 225 S3 and im 19.

And i thought i'd got a good deal on my insurance, Ive got my own policy also and my insurance is £1200 fully comp on a 225 S3 and im 19.

Who with? im not 19 for almost a year now but i wouldnt mind paying that price when i am 19 :)