Clutch slipping!!!

Yaz

Reaction score
Website
www.psplimited.com
My clutch is starting to slip now as its done about 75k miles, is that about the sort of miles it would need replacing?
I just wanted some advice about which type of clutch i should buy and what else needs to be purchased/replaced whilst doing this job?
I've already started to sh!t myself as i've seen what sort of prices to expect!
Any advice and help would be very much appreciated!
Thanks.

75k seems fair for a clutch. You should get the clutch diaphram/friction plates changed and the release bearing too. The dual mass flywheel may need changing depending on how badly it's worn.

The job is roughly about 8 hours book time.

75k is nothing for a clutch, have seen s3's do nearly double that. I supose it comes down to driving style though.

Make sure they change the slave cylinder too, its a few quid for the part but a gearbox out job to change

as bryan said salve cylinder, clutch and flywheel too. mine started to slip around that time too.

Thanks for your comments guys, but i've just discovered that the clutch only slipped 2 or 3 times last week and now it wont slip at all even if i try on purpose!
So i've come to the conclusion that maybe my slave cylinder might have had a moment or something because the clutch seems perfectly fine now?!?!

Obviously i dont want to spend the money if the clutch is ok and i can tell whether the clutch is slipping or not but i think it might have been the slave cylinder all along...:think:

What do you guys think?

Thanks for your comments guys, but i've just discovered that the clutch only slipped 2 or 3 times last week and now it wont slip at all even if i try on purpose!
So i've come to the conclusion that maybe my slave cylinder might have had a moment or something because the clutch seems perfectly fine now?!?!

Obviously i dont want to spend the money if the clutch is ok and i can tell whether the clutch is slipping or not but i think it might have been the slave cylinder all along...:think:

What do you guys think?

If you were to change it your best bet is a G60 corrado/golf flywheel, The dual mass only weigh's alot and cost more to repair :(