When to get cam belt done?

cpinch73

HOLEBANGER
Reaction score
at what mileage do i need to get my cam belt done on my A3 3.2 Quattro s-line DSG?
Ive just bought mine with 45k on the clock.

Many thanks!

Yeah - Defo chains!

Noting to worry about.

Just oil filter, oil, air filter, brake fluid, dsg oil & filter, fuel filter, haldex oil, sparkies and i think thats about it on your car!

Is it just the 3.2 that uses a chain?

How about the 2.0 TDI? (Come on chain!)

I think the 2.0TDI's have a belt...... Fairly large intervals though

Yeah - Audi offset the large intervals with expensive servicing and parts though!

lol yes that they do. The belts on the tdi need doing at 80k now as aposed to 60k like normal.

Yeah - Audi offset the large intervals with expensive servicing and parts though!

ACtually... I just recieved a letter from the Audi garage saying that Audi have revised their cambelt change schedule 'based upon UK weather and usage conditions'. The new change interval is apparently 80k miles or 5 years, whichever is soonest.

I wonder how much of this to take with a pinch of salt... co-incidentally I recieved this letter just as my car hit 5 years... (and 60k miles)

If you have it in letter form from Audi Uk i would take it as gospel.

Tell them that when it snaps and get your free engine

TDIs defo have a belt - its only the 3.2 engine that has the chain (as does teh r32).

I'd never trust what audi say - i changed mine i first got the car! It was 4 years old and udner the mileage they day!