oh god,....

Adam-D

Reaction score
any hints tips good advice etc?

im fitting my suspension kit today, seen so many posts on here on how bad it can be,

so any help will be greatly appreciated.

If the pinch bolt is stuck, dont spend hours trying to get it out, just rip the entire leg off the car (crack off the bottom balljoints, Driveshaft, and unplug the ABS then just remove the entire top mounting plate and pull the lot out)

That way you can get the thing in a vice or on the floor and beat at it properly. We must have wasted a good hour on ours, and then ended up removing it and having to drill the fecker out.

Also, read the haynes manual on refitting the top mounts, they need to be aligned correctly, once the spring etc is fitted theres no chance of turning the parts to line the top mount and bottom fork up, i didnt have my haynes when i did mine, and ended up having to do it by eye and put it on and off the car a number of times to get it right.

lots of wd40 before you start lub everything up and when you put the bolts etc back planty of copper grease so they come out easy next time.

yup pinch bolt is stuck, ive f**ked it off, my two new pirrelli tyres have failed aswell, nothing has ever gone right for me with this motor

so its for sale. 2.2k
suspension kit £280
set of 17's 2 need re-furb £100 - no tyres

sick of it,
ill go back to vauxhall's

mine was the same when i changed one of my control arms, right ball ache they are!

what suspension is it out of interest? i might be interested if its not just a spur of the moment thing

chris

its in classifieds now buddy

had enuff, i think i may buy audi again but go older, a 80 quattro or s2 i dunno
possibly a s3

not put ant thought into it yet, all i know is anything to do with this car is for sale.

When i changed my arms the first time i used cheap ones from ebay, they wore out in about 4 months, and the wear was mainly in the balljoints. This play mean that the toe settings were moving around while we were driving, and it throws the camber off too.
The result was that it killed the inside edges of the two goodyears in about 2 months, and due to the way the toe was changing, the tyres actually wore egg shaped!

****** me off, as trying to save 200quid ended up costing me £400 as i had to buy a full new set of arms and the two new tyres.

I hate to say it, but your not going to get 2 grand for it. Late model facelift 1.8TQS's are quite often selling for around 2.5k. I've been watching early V6 quattros on ebay quite a bit, and they seem to be struggling to make a grand most of the time.

i just want it sold tbh now, there's only so much i can take, every single time i go to improove it, it kicks me in the balls.