AGU engine VAGCOM data

DreA3Turbo

DreA3Turbo
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Long time away from the forum....but have decided to show the A3 some love again :)

So...in with my 1st question....

I'm thinking about getting involved in a liquidS3 and am aware that some of the data may not populate based on the engine code that I have. For those that own AGU engines and also vagcom's, can you confirm whether or not you are able to pull the following data.....(i understand that if it can be pulled with a vagcom then it will display with a liquid)

Engine Power
Torque
Boost Pressure
Mass Air Flow
Air Fuel Ratio
Air intake Temp
Exhaust Temp
Dyno Plot
Timing Correction Plot
Speed timing
Fault Codes

The A3 is going in for some AP coilovers, powerflex bits, Forge spacers, TIP and some other goodies at AMD tomorrow so I expect I will be lighting up the forums with questions and pictures very shortly!!!

Cheers in advance....

Hi mate, I know the AGU can't display boost pressure or exhaust temp, I'm fairly sure it can do everything else, although I think AFR is show in lamda values of 0-1

Engine Power - if it's worked out via g/s then probably
Torque - don't think so
Boost Pressure - no
Mass Air Flow - yes
Air Fuel Ratio - narrow band, so not even worth it. tiny voltage change
Air intake Temp - yes
Exhaust Temp - no
Dyno Plot - if no toque reading then I'd say no.
Timing Correction Plot - yes
Speed timing - yes if you mean 0-60 etc
Fault Codes - yes

Thanks for your replies all. Think im going to raincheck the liquids3 for the moment then....starting to find the AGU lump seriously frustrating!!!

looks like its vagcom time for me....

AGU engines are good for power and stronger than later A3 engines, so don't be dissapointed. I like the simpler approach personally with non of the emission stuff found on on later cars.

freegeek, which is the measuring block for torque?

You can see torque on block 122 but I don't use it, I calculate bhp and torque from the maf and rpm as it seems to be more accurate that the torque given in block 122.