Anyone know where the clutch switch is?????

S3BLX

Reaction score
As above also anyone know how hard it is to fit. Fault keeps coming up on VAG-COM. PANTS!

Cheers in advance guys.

i always thought it was located on the pedal box? same location as the brake light switch but on the clutch pedal.

will i need to remove anything to see it?

Thats right, we have the same fault, it tends to make the car not drop revs properly between gearchanges too.

Its above the clutch pedal and clipped/twisted in Part number 1j0 927 189f and was 10.12 plus vat from my local VW dealer

You need to drop the drivers sdie knee bolster, 8 ish bolts iirc inc some on the side by the fuse box

possibly the trim thats under the steering wheel. (has slots in it i think and foam on the other side) will only be a couple of screws holding it on.

oh my car does that, might look into trying this my self.

Thats right, we have the same fault, it tends to make the car not drop revs properly between gearchanges too.

Its above the clutch pedal and clipped/twisted in Part number 1j0 927 189f and was 10.12 plus vat from my local VW dealer

You need to drop the drivers sdie knee bolster, 8 ish bolts iirc inc some on the side by the fuse box

Cheers fella, i'll see if i can pick one up tomorrow. is it a DIY fitting? or will i need to get someone to fit it?

you should beable to manage. its tricky to get too, but once the trim is removed its as easy as changing brake light bulb

Its more awkward than anything else, when I done my brake light switch you have to twist half you body on the floor as you need both hands to undo the clip and pull the connector out. Noticed there was one on the clutch pedal but never really figured out what it was for, if it aint broke don't fix it! lol

sorry guys where the switch is you have 2 holes does it go in the top or bottom 1

OK removed the pane for the fuse box and removed the 3 securing screws, and the 3 lower down the panel
100_3036.jpg

The mess underneath, the clutch switch is the blue one
100_3037.jpg

The new and old one side by side, its quite obvious what was wrong with the old one
100_3038.jpg

The new switch fitted, the plunger posed a conundrum to start with due to it appearing to be too long, but we found that he plunger clicks in small increments at a time. So i gently offered the switch up allowing the plunger to click in/self adjust and then slotted the switch in and twisted it home. 15 mins max, job done
100_3039.jpg

Note if you dissconnect any switches, ie fog lights or light switches don't forget to re connect them up

Nice one Byzan Your a star i've ordered mine it coming tomorrow. Gonna try and fit it tomorrow. wish me luck! ha.

Just tried this as the car was jumping about 200rpm on gear changes and getting implausable clutch switch signal on vagcom, but it hasn't solved the problem!

The old switch was not as knackerd as the one in your pic but it could turn without the plunger being depressed if that makes sense? the new one had to be depressed before it could turn into place. Out of ideas now...

Guide was very useful tho! thanks

My clutch switch looks totaly different to that, its black, this is mine, is it still the same:

Stop been bitch's it isnt my fault im different, sorry i mean the cars diferrent :sorry:. So is it still the same part etc?

Its a 2000 model on a v plate apy. Thanks :)