DV Relocation Kit questions

audi18tdan

Reaction score
Currently got Forge relocation kit with Forge 007p Diverter Valve which as you know goes around the right-hand side of the engine.

I have seen over kits (possibly DIY) which goes around the left (or slightly over the engine) to the small pipe on the intake pipe (metal silver one) and wondered what difference there is connecting to this pipe and if any difference in turbo lag going this way around (shorter route) to the turbo?

Also where could i find such kits?

thanks

What exactly do you mean dan? a few links with pics could be helpful.

Although, from your description, I'd say it's a pointless excercise mate, as changing the routing of the already dumped air back into the TIP won't effect turbo lag AT ALL.

THe only silver metal pipe I think think of that would require a pipe over the engine is the original charge pipe just after it's come off the turbo, obviously you'd never dump air back into there....

The primary function of the DV is to relieve the system of excess pressure when the throttle plate is closed, so long as it's before the turbo and after the MAF, it doesn't matter where the vented air is put back into the system.

Catch me on msn later and I'll try and explain it mate :)

easy mate,

i will chat more about what i mean on MSN

What exactly do you mean dan? a few links with pics could be helpful.

Although, from your description, I'd say it's a pointless excercise mate, as changing the routing of the already dumped air back into the TIP won't effect turbo lag AT ALL.

THe only silver metal pipe I think think of that would require a pipe over the engine is the original charge pipe just after it's come off the turbo, obviously you'd never dump air back into there....

The primary function of the DV is to relieve the system of excess pressure when the throttle plate is closed, so long as it's before the turbo and after the MAF, it doesn't matter where the vented air is put back into the system.

Catch me on msn later and I'll try and explain it mate :)

no SDO, dan already has that kit, he appears to be trying to find another way to route the return to the TIP, although sadly, it's a pointless excercise.

The advantage of the cold side kit, is that the air being vented back into the TIP is taken from the cold side of the system, after the intercooler. The standard setup takes it's charge pipe take off from the hot side, almost directly after the turbo. This means you're putting already hot air into the inlet, just for the turbo to heat it even further, adding to heat soak.

By taking the feed from the cold side, the air being returned to the TIP is colder than thus more dense. It also prolongs the life of the DV, as when mounted on the hot side, it's possible at high boost for the forge piston valve to stick. Mounting it on the cold side does away with these problems.