EPC Light

Mills65

Reaction score
Hi everyone, having more fun and games with my car. Its a 2.0fsi which had its engine changed as the cam belt went (long story but Audi didn't want to know). Had a replacement engine fitted, which I have since had to take the car back to them for various faults due to poor installation.
Now the EPC light coms on under hard acceleration, loss of power then goes out and everything is back to normal, only to happen again the very next time I put my foot down. Any obvious ideas before I beg someone to borrow their VAGCOM. Thanks guys.

is it a turbo motor? if so it will likely be a boost fault like overboost / faulty N75 etc etc but if its an NA motor then dunno, maybe a MAF fault or fuel pressure at the rail?

Just suggestions of course, you might also consider the cam position sensor, but as you say a vagcom session would be the thing to do, especially if a mate can man the laptop and do a live run recording various sensor blocks to see what is happening.

vagcom really kicks **** once you find your way around it. My lead is fecked but I am going to have another go getting it working or get a new one because it really is a revelation to have it.

You can get cheap fleabay leads that only work with certain versions of vagcom, and all the functions work if you get the right one (wink wink) - vagcom is free as a restricted version, and most chinese cables will fool it into thinking its genuine...just make sure you only dig up the correct older version of vag since rosstech know about this and their later software breaks the cable by buggering the rom program stored in the non genuine cable....thats what happened to me.

so get the free vagcom - say v 409, and the £20 chinese cable that works with it, and read the rosstech instructions - you will have it testing the car in no time :)