s3 fuel pump

aldo286

Reaction score
hi folks bought myself a 2007 s3 it has the giac hammer file map loaded, d bliss intake and a miltek cat back exhaust, had it on the rollers at star performance it made 322hp and 315 lb of torque, jim recomended getting the fuel pump uprated as he said the pump is on its limit , what is the plus points of uprating the pump thanks aldo

When l had mine on the rollers it had the GIAC 'Hammer', green cotton filter. Before adding the HPFP it made 312bhp, after 321. Now lm running Forge intake. Will need to put it back on the RR as this feels lot better than before. All done at Star. Forge DV going on next week. Fuel pump is supposed to give up to 50% more fuel (pressure or quanity l cant remember) The ECU will only fuel per as much o2 is coming in. So breathing better would mean the ecu will allow more fueling. Along that lines anyways. but lm sure someone else will go more indepth.

i think its more of a safety thing so the car doesnt get detonation, if anyone can verify this it would be helpful :yellowrs4:

What are you exactly asking, the plus points or why its on its limits. He recommended it sure. Depends on what you have planned for your motor. £400 to get that fitted.

sorry man no need to be so derogative i was only looking for some advice as i want to know if the car is running safe and if it is worth spending £400 for piece of mind:sos:

hi folks bought myself a 2007 s3 it has the giac hammer file map loaded, d bliss intake and a miltek cat back exhaust, had it on the rollers at star performance it made 322hp and 315 lb of torque, jim recomended getting the fuel pump uprated as he said the pump is on its limit , what is the plus points of uprating the pump thanks aldo

Catback offers zero performance gain - waste of time getting fuel pump until you have sorted this with a 3" downpipe from the turbo.

With a remap, full turbo back exhaust and and intake you can make 330-340bhp no probs. This set-up is capable of 360bhp but the stock fuel pump can't handle it and if you try and get that and you'll be running lean. Change the pump and the problem is solved. You have 2 main choices of uprated pump, the Autotech which just changes the pump internals of your standard pump or APR which is a brand new pump fully tested in the factory. The APR is double the price of the Autotech but there are reasons why. I would suggest reading up on both of them before doing it as there is a risk to them and you need to check the cam follower for wear regularly.

As IGGU says there is no need for one without a full exhaust and even with a full exhaust if your software isn't optimised for the fuel pump you won't notice any difference. Unless you want 360bhp (which is wicked :)) I would just get the 3" Milltek downpipe and sports cat and be happy with 330-340bhp - it's up to you - a decent tuner doesn't need the fuel pump unless you want to go above this and take full advantage of your hardware.