New A3 owner!! :-D

Keefo

Reaction score
Hello everyone!! :)

Just got myself an 1999 1.8T 150 bhp A3 with 80k miles on the clock and my god im in love!! what an amazing car!

Just wondering as my last car had HID's how easy are they to fit to the audi?

Also, if i was to take it for a remap, what kind of BHP figures would i be looking at?
And if i did get it remapped id take it id be looking at some repairs in the nearish future haha

:beerchug:

Good base to start with mine was like yours a few years ago now its a totally different car!

I assume you have the K03 turbo the most you'll see is around the 190 Mark if your lucky. HID's i upgraded my lights all round to the facelift ones so they have projecter headlamps which take the HID's not sure if the pre-facelift lights can take HID's Maybe some-one else can clarify this?

J

Im all new to this car so i have no idea about what tubo it has etc, but will be doing my research !! haha

What is the differance between the facelift lights and the current ones??
as in looks, anyone got a side by side picture or something??

You don't hang about do ya !! Lol....

Your car will have the K03 turbo, same as my car had, saw 194bhp from a remap...think 195 would be tops.

The face lift rear lights have got clear parts of lense where the reverse lights are, makes it look more modern imo...i changed mine when i had my A3, weren't to expensive from the stealer, but i'm sure you could get some from ebay etc cheaper.....

Be good to see some pics...

what about the front lights?? are they noticably differant to handle the hids??

yea, your current front lights are 2 part units, with seperate indicators on the sides.

Facelift front lights are a single unit, with the indicator built in.

They look much smarter, and have projecter lenses on the dipped beam, making it OK to run HIDs.

You shouldn't try running HID's in conventional lights, as the beam will scatter everywhere, and blind everyone on the road!

yeah i fitted HID's to my astra and researched into the projector scatter thing, and just wanted to kno the main diff in looks between the standard and facelift versions, and pics?? :)

How easy are they to fit to the Facelift lights? as when i fitted them to my astra i had to saw at the bulb holders haha