Interior Lighting Pack vs Door sills with aluminium inlays

dstamat

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I am in the process of specifying the options for my new A3 Sportback Sport 1.8 TFSI. I have a question of the compatibility of the aforementioned options.

Is the Interior Lighting Pack compatible with the standard Door sills with aluminium inlays? As far as I know the Lighting pack replaces the standard sill strips, which I like a lot, with other thinner ones without the A3 marking.

Is this correct? If yes, do I have the option of ordering the Lighting Pack without the illuminated sill strips?

Thank you in advance

Dimitris

I have a Sport without lighting pack - the sill strips are alu but don't have any A3/Audi branding on them.

My S3 has the aluminium sill strips with S3 marking and the interior light pack.

I'm not sure but I can't see why the lighting pack would change the sill strips they fit, unless it something to do with the extra puddle lights in the bottom of the doors?

The sills & lighting pack dont affect eachother at all, why they said this is beyond me, the puddle lights are recessed anyway into the bottom of the door card so the door card would hit the sills 1st if they were affected, so its rubbish & I also installed the S3 sills as I had to given the S3 skirts & I've had interior lighting from oem with a sport a3 & never had any issues with rubbing but as said its because the lights are recessed slightly so the lights are flush with the bottom of the door cards

You can have any combination of sills with the lights

let me enlighten some more aswell, you can buy the s3 ones for £30 each side, but the sline ones are more than twice the damn price, couldnt believe it tbh & also the poxy sline ones wont fit over s3 skirts either, how ***** is that so I've been forced to have s3 ones that I really didnt want as seems pony having s3 logo on an a3, but alas what can I do as the skirts look ***** without proper sills covering the skirts fixings

Oh to update when adding s3 skirts have to also change the door bottoms trims as they're thicker to be flush with skirts & also they're minimally shorter interms of height so they dont rub against the skirts at bottom & on the bottom curved edge towards rear of car on the doors