Turbop swap K03s ?

turbonutterb

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the Turbo from a 1.8t S line (b7) is a k03s, and if its a direct replacement for an AEB (b5). Cheers:confused:

Do you know what the difference is? Does 1.8t s line cab. use the same engine as older 1.8t's. The turbo lists as a K03 but I know there are many fitments. Anybody ?

Not sure if its a normal 20vt or if its some FSI variant... if its a 20vt its not going to be the SAME engine as the older cars but a version of it.

Theres a number of different versions even fitted to B5's with slight differences such as port size, gudgeon pin diameter, throttle body type etc... and all have different engine codes. Some of the later engines have VVT and things like that added too.

You;d really need to see what the turbo looked like and compare it to the one on your car.

Cheers, trying to source a K03s as a replacement. I know the 01-04 ones are ok but cant locate one. The turbo from this 05 1.8t is available, but got no pics so looking to find out if anybody knows what engine/turbo set up an 05 cab runs.

Cheers, trying to source a K03s as a replacement. I know the 01-04 ones are ok but cant locate one. The turbo from this 05 1.8t is available, but got no pics so looking to find out if anybody knows what engine/turbo set up an 05 cab runs.

If its from a 1.8T then it will be the 20v engine not the new 2.0T 16v so the turbo will fit.

There are FSI versions of the 1.8T but not sure when they came in, maybe its B8>

But ye, if its a "normal" 1.8T it should fit.

really? thought FSI started on 2.0l 16v?
not aware of any 20v head with FSi style injection port

well it may be a 16v engine, but there are 1.8T FSI's available:

http://ak4-uk.audi.co.uk/controller?next=model-page&mandant=accx-uk

As i say, not sure when they brought it in, but they do exist.

Infact looking at that, it seems they dont actually sell any engine without a turbo? Probably for fuel economy reasons i presume, seems they've replaced the NA 2.0FSI with the 1.8TFSI in varying levels of power.

hmm that link didnt quite work as expected, but if you go thru the options and select A4 saloon you'll see what i mean.