indicator/radio gremlins!!

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
On the way to work this morning i witnessed my radio volume operating all by itself, moving from volume 12 to 15, then alternating by 1 point for a good 30 seconds..... wooooo tis strange

THEN, a mile from work the indicator started twitching, i noticed that after about 6 winks the indicator stopped...wooo spooky.... although it didnt do this every time, id have said 3 out 5 tries resulted in a 'non wink'.....

scary stuff....

Does anyone have any suggestions please apart from buying a new car:laugh:

Tim

Tim,

Sounds like a dodgy earth somewhere to me...

Cheers,

i think i'll whip the cover off below the steering column later, had a nut off to secure an ignition feed for my bluetooth...may be that

where else would i find the earth points?

update, the hazards wprk with no problems, where as the indicators switch off halway through a wink, if i can get a full wink im lucky now.... i think if it was an earth problem then all the electrics would be playing up....any suggestions? also where is the rrelay on these?

i lookiedunder the bonnet, checked the fuses on top of the battery for the relays and discovered the third fuse from the left broken - think its the 2nd speed fan fuse, any suggestions?

ok i searched and found the indicator issue.....

the volume on the symphony is sorted for now.... may need it looking at later down the line

the fuse is now bugging me in the engine compartment....any suggestions

Indicator will be the common hazard switch fault.

As for the volume, its a common issue on concert stereo's never heard anything with the symphony though mate.

cheers Steve, ive turned off the speed sensitive part, lets see if it happens again.

im off to Audi today to order the relay even though its now corrected itself, will get a new solid fuse too, see what happens there