VAG Parts aero wipers

IMO they are more for looks than performance. I have some but am not sure whether they work any better than good quality "normal" wipers

I have some and found them to be a lot better than the standard blades especially at speeds
my old blades were crap

I have them and they are pretty ***** to be honest. crap at speed and splatter at anything over 55-60, tempted to go back to normal ones
I have a set of 8E aero wipers for the B6 which didn't fit preperly but worked very well.
Arms and wipers are totally different, required a small conical adapter to fit the spindle, IMO much better option, just needs some modifying to fit

I just fitted Bosch aerotwin blades to my car, think they work well, prob no better than a normal blade, but look a lot tidier and cleaner, got them off ebay for around £18! Do it IMO

stay away from the ebay ones. i got a set and they pants. they miss a section of the window on the return wipe and once your ~70 they would bouce an odd time

Rather than spend £60+ on the VagParts Aero wipers I went for the retrofit Bosch Aerotwin blades that are the Aero-type blades but fit on the old arms, this was back in about June 2007 and the cost then was about £20.......
Shortly after fitting I was on a journey to Kent going to a car show and encountered some of the heaviest rain I've ever experienced whilst driving, the sky was black and the road quickly began to resemble a river!
Have to say the flat blades performed brilliantly, am convinced that if I'd had the old wipers on the car I'd have been forced to pull over and wait for the deluge to subside!
On the down-side though the flat blades do seem to smear the screen a bit more when rain is very light, and there seem to be 2 camps of thought about these wipers, you either love 'em or hate 'em.....but I'm firmly in the former.............

I have a full set (OEM Arms and blades - front and back for sale from my avant) They were only on for few months so they are in v good condition.

auroan, im interested, could you PM me how much your want for them.

I'm running B7 aero arms and blades on mine.

Couple of pictures...

Photo006-1.jpg

Photo021.jpg

I've bought another N/S arm, and will be replacing the O/S.

I'll be marrying the current O/S arm with the new N/S base though, to alter the mounting angle, but retain the O/S arm curve, if that makes sense.

yep, total sense, same issue I had, I suspectthey are v.similar in dimension to B6 arms.
mine stuck up to much too!
do they fit B5 spindle on the motors?

got one, nice chap on clubgti knocked them up for free!
anyone who needs them let me know, don't need them anymore

i use the normal blades you get in tesco,£3 a pair and they seem to work fine to me.

I've put some on mine, and find them much better. The man at the vw garage was far more usefull than the audi stealers, and also alot cheaper for exactly the same parts. I've got passat arms and blades on mine. The is a slight difference in the spindle on the fronts, but i put them straight on, and there they've stayed for the last 10k miles so far. The rear one was a straight swap :thumbsup:

post hijack but I have a problem with my rear.
it does this stop start routine unless i am holidng the arm forward for squirting, soon as you let go it does 6 inches, stops, 6 more, stops.
I also judders like a bitch

it does this stop start routine unless i am holidng the arm forward for squirting, soon as you let go it does 6 inches, stops, 6 more, stops.

i think theres a "park" contact inside, which is probably gunked up or shorting out, that tells the wiper motor its finished its sweep, when you "spray" this park contact gets ignored and the motor just runs full time, however when you have it pushed back, its effectively on intermittant, and the park contact gets used every sweep to tell the motor when to stop.

Ours used to do that, and now it doesnt stop for ages, just keeps wiping away.

I've also noticed ours seems to be leaking, theres rust colored water over the back of the unit, is this a common issue?

Also 95-97 Avants have a different motor part number to the later cars, anyone know if its interchangable and what the differences are? The early one only seems to be fitted to A4's and seat arosas, the later one is used on all sorts of Audis and VW's

This is exactly what my rear wiper did when I bought my A4; eventually over a period of a few days it started to have a mind of its own and would randomly start to wipe the screen even when turned off.
Turned out it was caused by a fractured washer fluid pipe within the wiper motor housing which was allowing washer fluid to get onto the electics of the motor itself!
Replaced the wiper motor with a good s/h one and its been fine for the last 3 years ; seems to be a common fault on A3/A4's as Audi do make a washer pipe repair kit comprising pipe and gaskets etc for these wiper motors but it was almost as cheap (and a lot less aggro) just to change wiper motor over.............

interesting, so the water/rust marks on ours probably indicates the same fault on ours...

Any idea on the differences between the two motors i mentioned above? Might have to have a look round the local breakers and see if any of them have the required motor.

jcb: you were crawling breakers round this way recently, any ideas on which ones have many audis in stock?

AVB between M8 and M9 west of Edinburgh (whitegate, whitechapel, white something anyway!)
call Dave on 07887 871 516. if you go down I may be after a new motor as well!!

lol thats only 4 miles away from my place, and i didnt even know it existed.

I might pop over at the weekend or something, depends what the missus wants to do, and the weather.

Is it a proper yard where you can wander round looking for cool stuff, or do they just get the parts for you?

its a proper yard.

I have bigger fish to fry as my rear wahser line is discharging into the passenger footwell!
******* to trace line as they run through the side of the footwell into the bulk head and then down to the tank. its a wheel and liner off job for the weekend.
will check the motor while I am at it and may take you up on your offer (I assume it is an offer rather than boasting... )

Boasting?

If i do go down there (as i say it will depend on the missus), and they have a couple of motors, then by all means i'll pick you one up...

Think he may have been talking about the offer of a motor from my old motor ... lol

er....I was.
but aragorn, do feel free to pick me one up ;)

ah, ye, didnt pick up on that!

i'd be interested too, if jcb doesnt want it, although i think we need to find out what the differences are between the early 95-97 motor and the later 97> part.

ah yes, what year is it Auroan?
mines a 99

The old avant is a 96. The water feed for the rear wipe comes from a bottle in the boot. I think the later cars takes the feed from the front washer bottle.

So yours will be the early motor, fancy taking it off and letting us have a look at it, try to see what's different between it and the one jcb has?

The old avant is a 96. The water feed for the rear wipe comes from a bottle in the boot. I think the later cars takes the feed from the front washer bottle.

That's right, my old 80 Avant had the washer reservoir in the cubby hole/compartment behind the drivers side rear light cluster , and all the service books pointed to it being in the same place when I bought my '99 model A4......
Was therefore a bit puzzled to find no washer bottle there, just the one under the bonnet.......