steering angle sensor

Techimike

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.mgsmotorsport.com
Hi All
Can someone help with this one I have fitted a new steering angle sensor on a B6 A4 Quattro 2003 Sport and can not get vag com to re calibrate the steering angle sensor, according to Audi it causes the brake warning symbol to come up and flash on the DIS and I cant turn this off, I have cleared the fault code but it just keeps reappearing is there some sort of set up procedure.
Can someone get back to me asap cause its driving me ****** nuts
cheers
mike :sos::banghead:

Hi Stu thanks for that
I have tried the above but I think Im not doing it properly do you have to recode the controller if you only change the steering angle sensor and the cars code is 1LT not 1LJ as suggested on the instructions the car also has 19 inch wheels on it, dont know if this will effect any of the coding and it has the 330 millimeter discs on it.
As I said before I think it is something I am not doing correctly or not completely understanding how to do it
cheers
Mike

In all honesty I have never done this on an Audi but have done a fair few Octavia II, normally after fitting a new dash insert.

It does seem to take a lot of fecking around to do it and often works better after taking the car for a short drive.

Wanna post up an Autoscan for us?

I also had problem with this on my 05 A3, in the end by experimentation I found that I had to switch the ignition off between the two proceedures for it to take.

Might be relivant to you.

Paul