Loud "pop" under heavy acceleration

G's S3 silver 2001

Reaction score
this occurs occassionally but especially when accelerating at high revs. It's really hard to tell if the sound comes from the engine bay or from under the car also as soon as this happens the car looses power. My car is mapped with most types of upgrades done, fmic, tip, full miltek etc. Any help would be appreciated.:greyrs4:

hmm cant help mate...but any flames HMMMMM:jester:

Misfire?

Boost cut-out or ignition setup problem? Leaky turbo hose?

faulty MAF? posssible but thought id get it in before someone else does. seems no matter what the problem, someone always says maf.lol. :)

MAF is only two months old and it was checked at AMD for boost leaks but none were found, I'm booked in on Wednesday and hopefully they'll find the problem this time. Thanx for the help.

MAF is only two months old

Doesn't matter is the MAF is one day old, one week old, one month old or one year old, the stupid things are so fragile on VAG cars(both petrol and diesel), they get knackered when you stare at them! I replaced the one in my Passat Derv and it lasted a week, good thing I got a new one under warranty! The one in my S3 was replaced by AmD at the time of the remap maybe 5 years ago now, and still working fine.