too hot???

alistair666

Reaction score
after changing my temp sender and thermostat im getting a reading of 90oc on the dash but 100 ish with the aircon code 49 trick

thinking maybe a dodgy stat

is this right which one should i trust???

cheers

iirc the dash value is adjusted ... I dont know what it should read on the aircon/vag-com but that is the exact value... wouldnt worry...

just noticed the hose from the thermostat to the bottom of the rad stays cold while the rest are hot, it does get hot but takes ages. The hoses are presurised now unlike earlier when i had an airlock

I had the same problem, thought the tempsender I got from GSF was dodgy so wasted another £30 and got one from Audi but did exactly the same thing.

Had some diagnostics done and was told that the engine temp can be anything upto 120 degrees or something.

If you've got Vagcom, hold your mouse over the engine temp box and it'll show you the minimum and maximum range.

as Bens said above, if the guage is sat at 90 then dont worry.

First, the cooling system runs between 80 and 100 at differing times so it may be normal...

and if forgot how to do the code trick - how do you do it again.?

hold down the recirculate air button and the button to select the flow to the front screen

cycle throught the codes with the up and down heater buttons and select with the recirculate button

anychance you can let me know what your temp is ?

ok mate cheers for that

think thats what mine should be, getting anywhere between 97 to 103
but the dash gauge sticks at 90

i guess they both get their readings from the temp sender in the water pipe to the right of the engine strange

to be fair, those temps seem a bit high as an average. Have you updated your temp sender

when does the fan kick in...or does it...Let it run and see what happens.

I think you are going to have to playing the waiting game on this one mate..see how things go...unless the coolant mix is bad? (too much water)?

mine is total opposit, i have changed my green temp sender, now the gauge sits rele low...?
aany 1 know y
cheers guys

coolant should be ok as replaced by audi dealer last week

if i hadnt checked the aircon 49 trick i wouldnt have worried as the dash gauge sits bang on ?

i take it there is only one temp sender so both displays should be the same ?