Mirror covers Chrome or Matt ??

ChuckH

Reaction score
Been looking at some mirror covers on E bay There are both chrome and matt finish ! Im unsure which would look best on an A4 avant in bright red ??? Also can anyone tell Me how to fit them ? It of course says its easy Well it is when You know how !! Cheers.......

PS Tha matt finish is dearer than the chrome ones I think they are made by Inpro ??

Chuck
I have the Matt finish covers and think they look mint infact it was one of the first things i noticed when i bought the car i think it really sets the car off but sometimes i wonder if the chrome would look better to go with the surround around the windows, the lad i bought the car from said they were really easy to fit and gave me the original black ones undamaged incase i wanted to change back

DSCF0007.jpg

be carefull buying copies off the bay, i had some and they bubbled up after a couple of months which was to long to send them back, ended up buy second hand genuine ones and there spot on.
ive had them on my last two audi's now,they set it off a treat, had matt finish both times as i think they look better than the chrome but thats only my opinion.

really easy to fit,remove the black plastic bit underneath and carefully pop the glass out, remove the screws.
all will be clear when there in front of you, there are lugs on the mirror caps that have to slide over the metal mirror stem itself untill screw holes line up, as i said its all plain to see once you start mate.

yeh agree with1wheel ive heard some bad reports about copies, the ones i have a original audi parts have a part number on a reciept for them somewhere if i can find it will post the part number

I would not bother if I were you.........there are too many tales of woe in this web site of folk getting their chrome or matt mirrors nicked.......I do think they look great, don't get me wrong, but there are too many barstewards out there willing to damage your car to nick them......

Once you do find a reputable seller then Matt all the way, chrome ones are too blingy hence look cheap and tacky - my opinion

Matt full stop, but you know the newer ones like on the 8P are actually plastic covered in alum, lol, can you believe that for audi is cheap, so the copies dont seem to bad huh, but this guy is selling originals & he's a good seller & genuine, email him for stock & they were £125 within the last week, as the 8P ones also fit the A4 as same part numbers & mirror glass:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/786_abs

Few of mine from ages ago, I actually got my Cousin to spray my old ones, Look the same to me!
056a.jpg

100_1293.jpg

100_1272.jpg

Genuine S4 matt ones here on my cabriolet. Love the look at it matches the chrome lines on my windscreen and round the doors / roof line

J am I seeing things or is your motor on ebay?

:shrug:

Matt for me everytime :yes:

Good idea to spray them as security is a concern at the price of them. I am not familir with them, but there must be a way to secure them, hidden fixing underneath or something ....? :shrug:

I've got the chrome ones, and think they're smashing. You do also get chrome ones of S and RS models, not Matt.

Got mine from EBay, no problems and a very good copy/design (not OEM).

Very good fit and with How To instructions. Only took maybe 5-10 mins each side, just have to be careful when popping out the glass.

CHROME BABY !

Thanks for thi info Guys Especialy the fitting tips ! Think I will be going the matt route ! Will wait till some OE ones apear and have a bash at them Thanks again !!!!

Aluminium matt FTW.

Never been keen on the very reflective ones - even OEM Audi ones.

Mine are matt and go well with the screen surround on an 05 plate cabriolet

why not get original ones off a silver car in a breakers ? They are neither matt or chrome but metallic aluminium colour, just the same I reckon...

PS the window surrounds on the car are a shiney allmost chrome finish Whilst the roof rails are a matt finish !

Picture186.jpg

Ye post no.7 in this thread, I put a link there for a guy that sells them for £125 which considering stealers cost is cheap, he sells genuine ones & if he hasnt got any now email the guy & see if he can get some, he's sold fair few already.

Nigel If You follow Your link The price is now £165 !! ??? Plus everywhere else the Chrome ones are cheaper by around £40 ! Probably cos the matt ones seem to be the popular choise ???